Aliens 30th anniversary Blu-ray and Digital HD edition

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 07, 2016, 10:01:13 AM

Author
Aliens 30th anniversary Blu-ray and Digital HD edition (Read 6,975 times)

Engineer

Are you in the US??
It doesn't release in the US until the 13th.

Xeno Killer 2179

What is going on with Sigourney's face on that cover? Looks like a video game character that isn't licensed to use the likeness of the actor.

GQSioux

The new bonus feature with James Cameron isn't even on the disc. It's a stream only and you have to use a code to watch it on FoxExtras.com.

Engineer

Quote from: GQSioux on Sep 09, 2016, 10:50:38 PM
The new bonus feature with James Cameron isn't even on the disc. It's a stream only and you have to use a code to watch it on FoxExtras.com.
Wtf that's BS!

Whiskeybrewer

Seriously? The big selling point for this Anniversary edition isnt even on the f****ng disc?

Nostromo

GQSioux

Yup. The sticker on the cover was the first clue. When I opened it, there's a slip inside with a code on it, just like the Digital/Ultraviolet codes, that says you must go to FoxExtras.com to see the all new feature. I'll see if I can snap a photo later.

Elmazalman

Is the Burke cocoon scene included in this release?

Valaquen

Quote from: GQSioux on Sep 09, 2016, 10:50:38 PM

That's a pain in the arse. The T2 bluray did the same thing with its new extras  >:(

GQSioux

Yup, here it is:

And it seems the codes expire December 2019.

Bughunter S. Thomson

Because that is really going to encourage people to buy a hard copy rather than download the content eh? What a cop-out.

Prez

Whilst we live in a connected world the whole idea of owning a boxset is to have content complete and at your disposal. Having to stream, download, etc content IMO is rather counter intuitive to owning the boxset in the first place - what's the effing point?

Stupid idea - really poor form and the deal breaker for me in purchasing this (despite that cool extra artwork).

Nostromo

How's that Dark Horse book?

Corporal Hicks

Really disappointed to hear that. Really does come across as quite a lazy effort.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed