‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 27, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

Author
‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story (Read 40,439 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

The point that began this conversation.  ;) 

Is Sigourney Weaver feels that the Ripley story is not resolved. And She would like to finish / resolve this.
Who more than her has the right to have a "say" on what concerns the character Ripley. I'm guessing...that the plot would address this and still leave plots to battle the xenomorphs in the future.

Local Trouble

If she insists, I can accept an Alien 5 that wraps up Ripley's belabored-as-f**k-all story, but I don't want to see Call or any of other goofball survivors from AR again.  Ron Perlman does nothing for me.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 30, 2014, 05:29:40 PM
If she insists, I can accept an Alien 5 that wraps up Ripley's belabored-as-f**k-all story, but I don't want to see Call or any of other goofball survivors from AR again.  Ron Perlman does nothing for me.
Alright, then that's how story will start off. Rip and Johner hook up and call becomes some sort of maid for Vriess. Now where are we going to find any aliens. There is no plausible way the derelict exists in A|R. I guess they could go the demon spawn route... I'd hate to see a Rip8/Johner mutant baby though.

PsyKore

I'd like to see her return for Alien 5 just because.

Russ

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 30, 2014, 03:42:35 PM
The point that began this conversation.  ;) 

Is Sigourney Weaver feels that the Ripley story is not resolved. And She would like to finish / resolve this.
Who more than her has the right to have a "say" on what concerns the character Ripley. I'm guessing...that the plot would address this and still leave plots to battle the xenomorphs in the future.

To be fair, she's not short of a few quid - if she was that keen, she should exec produce (not saying she should fund the whole thing), but money-where-her-mouth-is (and the huge profit this would make) would probably be enough to get the ball rolling?

SM

She's not a charity for one of the richest and most powerful companies on Earth.

Russ

How would reaping the profits of her investment make her a charity?

SM

I badly worded it.  I meant she shouldn't be providing charity for Fox/ News Corp.

And she doesn't have the money to fund a film of this calibre anyway.

Russ

That's why I wrote "not saying she should fund the whole thing."

But a commitment to part fund wouldn't hurt the project. I'm pretty sure that a Sigourney Weaver produced Alien movie would be warmly received in many quarters and I'd be very confident she'd get a good ROI.

Would it have to be a hugely expensive movie? Prometheus was, of course, would they need to spend 100 million on Alien5? Maybe they would (I know that - maligned as it is - AvP was done pretty cheaply and looked pretty good).

But, that's all pure fantasy - I doubt if she would exec produce, I guess its just wishful thinking on my part.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Jul 31, 2014, 11:34:41 AMI know that - maligned as it is - AvP was done pretty cheaply and looked pretty good.

AVP wasn't set hundreds of years in the future (solely because they weren't given the budget to do that).

SM

QuoteBut a commitment to part fund wouldn't hurt the project. I'm pretty sure that a Sigourney Weaver produced Alien movie would be warmly received in many quarters and I'd be very confident she'd get a good ROI.

Weaver simply committing to another Alien film adds value to the project, because she's a bankable star.

That said she 'co-produced' Alien3 and Resurrection already and they weren't warmly received in many quarters.

Russ

I think there's a bit of a difference between a vanity credit and someone who's actually putting their money into the project though? Hence your '' marks - her credit on those movies was pretty much a "thanks to you for signing up and making it happen" - I think you've alluded to something like that elsewhere.

And I don't think she's particularly happy with either movie (else there wouldn't be more stories to tell from her perspective?).

But as I say - her actually producing or exec producing probably is just wishful thinking on my part. Directing... hmmmm... that'd be interesting... Or even writing. Wow. that'd be ace, no one knows Ripley like her (I think I read somewhere that she was doing the DLC for the new Alien game and kept saying "Ripley would say this" or "Ripley would do that.."

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 31, 2014, 11:41:07 AM
AVP wasn't set hundreds of years in the future (solely because they weren't given the budget to do that).

I'm not convinced that a sci-fi future setting has to cost hundreds of millions of dollars to look good. It sure helps, though!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Russ on Jul 31, 2014, 12:28:35 PM
But as I say - her actually producing or exec producing probably is just wishful thinking on my part. Directing... hmmmm... that'd be interesting... Or even writing. Wow. that'd be ace, no one knows Ripley like her (I think I read somewhere that she was doing the DLC for the new Alien game and kept saying "Ripley would say this" or "Ripley would do that.."

That's basically the same thing she was doing with Cameron's script. And he was happy to go along with her suggestions because as you said, nobody knows Ripley better than Weaver.

Writing or directing a whole movie on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish.

Russ

I'm not sure the point you're making. I cited the game as an example of her knowing the character and suggested that if she wrote or directed an Alien film, that'd be interesting (or ace).

You then say "that's just what she did on Aliens" citing the game example.

I don't understand

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ on Jul 31, 2014, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 31, 2014, 11:41:07 AM

I'm not convinced that a sci-fi future setting has to cost hundreds of millions of dollars to look good. It sure helps, though!

And they had to build new sets anyway. They just did it on the cheap in Prague.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed