Prometheus Soundtrack is up for pre-order at Amazon!!!

Started by Frog, Apr 13, 2012, 07:32:33 PM

Author
Prometheus Soundtrack is up for pre-order at Amazon!!! (Read 23,221 times)

SM

QuoteThis typically is Hollywood-speak for "the original composer of record couldn't cut it, so we need to bring in other talent".

Doesn't necessarily mean they "couldn't cut it".  Could simply mean that what they delievered wasn't what the director wanted.

First Blood

First Blood

If Harry Gregson-Williams is being brought in on this, how come his name isn't attached to the cover as well?

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 24, 2012, 03:25:02 AM
If Harry Gregson-Williams is being brought in on this, how come his named isn't attached to the cover of as well?
Either its too late for his stuff to be mastered and put on the album alongside Streitenfeld's work (ugh), or it's a typical Zimmer Composer job, where the "main" composer gets front cover credit, while the composers who did the rest of the score get an asterisk next to their track titles with "*Composed by so-and-so" in tiny print in the liner notes.

SM

If Harry Gregson-Williams is being brought in on this, how come his name isn't attached to the cover as well?

Depends who did the bulk of the work. The Two Towers didn't list Isabel Bayrakdarian and Sheila Chandra on the front.  It was just Howard Shore.

First Blood

Thanks for the answers. I feel if he's contributing to the soundtrack, he still should get recognition despite whatever capacity he's involved in.

SM

If he contributed it'll be on the back or in the credits.

Cvalda

Space Sweeper

Now you're just griping for the sake of griping.  :laugh:

alex.isonfire

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 24, 2012, 06:39:38 AM

so far, everything you say is brilliant. Nice sig.

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 24, 2012, 06:39:38 AM
Obligatory Lambert pic.

Kol

he did one particular song called: "creation".
it is sort of a main theme.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 24, 2012, 06:38:38 AM
Isn't the font above the title the STAR TREK font, or one of? Wrong franchise, hello. :P
Seriously, though, I hope they change it.

Initially that's what I thought too, but it's not the same font. Very odd that it does channel it so well. :)

Samus007

I'm excited for this soundtrack, I loved Streitenfelds Robin Hood score.  :)

Darkoo

Track Listings
http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/tracks/B007TBCTRK/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1
Spoiler

1. A Planet
2. Going In
3. Engineers
4. Life*
5. Weyland
6. Discovery
7. Not Human
8. Too Close
9. Try Harder
10. David
11. Hammerpede
12. We were right
13. Earth
14. Infected
15. Hyper Sleep
16. Small Beginnings
17. Hello Mommy
18. Friend From The Past
19. Dazed
20. Space Jockey
21. Collision
22. Debris
23. Planting the Seed
24. Invitation
25. Birth
[close]

Cvalda

LOL--they really went out of their way to avoid any spoilers in those track titles :laugh:

I'm betting that asterisk denotes HGW's composition!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed