i09 Describes Prometheus Footage

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2011, 11:53:36 PM

Author
i09 Describes Prometheus Footage (Read 23,861 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: 8bitAngel on Jul 22, 2011, 02:47:50 AM
QuoteEgyptian coptic jars

Wasn't there something in the original Alien script about jars or urns? Or maybe in one of the old Giger paintings? That they contained facehuggers or something?

In the (???)Dan o'Bannon script, the crew of the Nostromo mistake the alien eggs for urns.  I got the same vibe also.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 22, 2011, 02:54:45 AM

Wasn't there something in the original Alien script about jars or urns? Or maybe in one of the old Giger paintings? That they contained facehuggers or something?

In the (???)Dan o'Bannon script, the crew of the Nostromo mistake the alien eggs for urns.  I got the same vibe also.

I think you can see the jars in question in the leaked photos. they look like eggs arranged in piles.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

After I read this earlier then I got to say that I'm going to keep my eye on the film more often. At first, I really did not care for the film seeing what happen to the Alien prequel. Looks like I will be going to the movies a lot in 2012 with movies such as The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Brave, The Amazing Spider-Man, Django Unchained, Star Trek 2 and this film.

SpaceMarines

I'm loving this Alien meets 2001 and Mass Effect stuff everyone keeps mentioning. Goddamn, excitement for this has spiked.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Oh man come on come on come on........

If someone was lucky enough to take a snapshot of the footage, someone else was bound to have recorded it as well

COME ON!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 22, 2011, 05:39:34 AM
I'm loving this Alien meets 2001 and Mass Effect stuff everyone keeps mentioning. Goddamn, excitement for this has spiked.
Same here bigmouth (;))
I'm really excited.

Corporal Hicks

It's what the eggs were referred to in the original draft of Starbeast.

BonesawT101

I'm wondering what the 'big question' from Alien that has been left unanswered is? My guess is that it could very well be - what came out of the spacejockey's chest?

chrismo

chrismo

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 22, 2011, 07:36:23 AM
I'm wondering what the 'big question' from Alien that has been left unanswered is? My guess is that it could very well be - what came out of the spacejockey's chest?

First post here so hi.

Something that has always interested me about Alien (and Aliens to a lesser extent) is that it's pretty obvious that this is not humankinds first contact with an extraterrestrial lifeform, which would obvioulsy be the most important and significant event in the history of man.

For a while I'd been wondering if Prometheus would detail this 'first contact' and how it would be tied into the Alien universe. Scotts remarks yesterday again make me wonder, but going by the chronology of the film (ie, he says the unanswered question will be at the end of the film) it doesn't really seem to fit.

Gigerapparition

Mounting and palpable anticipation here. But why the sly move form Fox again with the PG-13? The big question for my is why not have a happy medium and do a 15 rating? Is there a 15 rating?

Fujimaster

This is greaT!!!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Gigerapparition on Jul 22, 2011, 09:11:44 AM
Mounting and palpable anticipation here. But why the sly move form Fox again with the PG-13? The big question for my is why not have a happy medium and do a 15 rating? Is there a 15 rating?
There was this big controversy with a movie in 2010 (can't remember the name) where they got stuck with an NC-17 rating (only one besides the normal PG, PG-13, and R ratings) which basically made it so they couldn't show trailers on TV and they couldnt play it in most theaters. So meeting at that middle ground is something Riddles definitely shouldn't do

Berserker Pred

"Of course, what i want to do is scare the living shit out of you." I can't wait  ;D

ThisBethesdaSea

That movie was Blue Valentine I believe with Ryan Gosling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed