Opinions on Extinction?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 10:45:46 AM

Author
Opinions on Extinction? (Read 60,515 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's been a while since I played it but I'll be getting it again soon - I lent it to a friend and never got it back  >:( I rather enjoyed it, not alot but a fair bit. What did you guys think of it?

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

I despise it. And it was such a nice idea, too. Just terribly executed.

Yautja

Yautja

I enjoyed extinction, it was a budget priced game that I didnt expect much from. But I did enjoy it, building mass amounts of Aliens or hearing the Preadtor roar as he ripped out the spine. Also it had a great intro video.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

best 20 bucks i spent

Darkness

Darkness

I hated it for quite a long time after only renting it when it was released. Bought it this year on ebay and I really like it. I love the alien life cycle and all the different units. I completed every mission. I just wish it would have been on PC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Think I'm gonna get a new copy for Christmas, actually. I did like it but it was such a wierd game for me to play. Sometimes I'd fly through it, other times I'd be utterly useless.  :-\

But yeah. A PC version would have been so much better. It'd have allowed for more complex gameplay and more emersion into the world. I mean, imagine it. Build your own colony/hive, build APCs and Dropships and etc.

Darkness

Darkness

Not to mention, it could be online as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've never played an RTS online. What's it like?

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

The game could've been better, but I liked it anyway.

I got up to 100 aliens on level 5

EDIT:

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2006, 02:55:51 PM
I've never played an RTS online. What's it like?

No, me neither. But I'm just imaging how it would work. One player plays as a species, then another player plays as the other species.

DB

DB

A decent game that should have been for PC, have had multiplayer and allowed ease of customization (there more than just a few skins that I would have changed).

carlp06

carlp06

I liked this game!! :D I enjoyed it but there was 1 problem..............Where the heck was the multiplayer??They cud hav easily added it on and made it splitscreen. :'(

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I love Extinction  :D but it was to simple, not that was the problem' like carlp06 said there should have been a mutiplayer, oh and the graphics could have been alot better it was to cartoony.

i wanna play it now.

Dachande

Dachande

I thought Extinction was ok at the time i played it, but like others have said, it would of been better on PC and with multiplayer. Only problem i had with is, was how ridiculously powerful the ravagers were...well at least when i was playing as Marines or Preds, and how the story/campaign was too short, also IIRC it lacked a skirmish mode which i thought would of improved it.

ian36015

ian36015

Quote from: FACEBOX on Dec 18, 2006, 06:01:37 AM
The game could've been better, but I liked it anyway.

I got up to 100 aliens on level 5

EDIT:

How did you get 100 Aliens?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed