ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,881 times)

Xenomorphine

I don't think it's just a marketing ploy, but it does feel a little arrogant. Perhaps justifiable arrogance, mind you... Have a feeling that the ultra-expensive busts and figures, which sell for hundreds at a time, probably had something to do with this. Fox undoubtedly regards this publication as a 'premium' product and that's why they're asking for a premium-rate price.

Whether or not that eventually translates into a desire for further sales, by lowering the price and removing the added extras, is anyone's guess. Didn't the 'Alien Vault' originally sell for a lot higher than it now does?

I do wonder just how much that special case contributed to the overall price. It's apparently heavy, but I'd guess it could have been 3D printed for a cheaper amount of money.

predxeno

Lol, I just checked the Sideshow Collectibles page for this and found out that shipping and handling is $25 so that means the book will cost $350 total, but don't worry, if you sign up for the Sideshow newsletter, you get a $10 off coupon so in the end it's all worth it. :laugh:

SM

QuoteI do wonder just how much that special case contributed to the overall price. It's apparently heavy, but I'd guess it could have been 3D printed for a cheaper amount of money.

A sculpted Alien bust that looks nice sat on your shelf too, is heavier and more expensive.

Beatnation

Exclusive extracts from prisoner Morse's tell-all novel, Space Beast

This is by far the most interesting part of this report, so awesome.

Corporal Hicks

You should be able to read a page in one of my pictures. I think it was clear enough for you to get a feel of it:

HuDaFuK

Space Beast was a really good read, had my laughing quite a few times, just a shame it was so short yet meant to be the entire thing.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that was pretty much my only complaint about it.

SM

If it'd really just been an excerpt people would be complaining about 'Where's the rest of it?'

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 18, 2015, 09:17:25 AM
If it'd really just been an excerpt people would be complaining about 'Where's the rest of it?'

True enough. And we can explain it away by saying that Morse wasn't really one for writing a big book. Still a bit disappointing but it's just a minor annoyance. I felt it was very in-character and a fun read. I do wish a book would go back and use Morse post-Alien 3.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2015, 09:27:22 AM

True enough. And we can explain it away by saying that Morse wasn't really one for writing a big book. Still a bit disappointing but it's just a minor annoyance. I felt it was very in-character and a fun read. I do wish a book would go back and use Morse post-Alien 3.

This.  I think it would be great to see an expansion of Morse's history via a stand-alone Post-Alien 3 book.  Despite wanting Alien 3 retconned, I still love the film on its own merits and the only way to move that story forward seems to me to be through Morse's perspective.  So I really hope the powers that be give some consideration to expanding this into something bigger as a continuation from Alien 3.

Beatnation

Well thnx man, awesome read.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 18, 2015, 04:12:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2015, 09:27:22 AM

This.  I think it would be great to see an expansion of Morse's history via a stand-alone Post-Alien 3 book.  Despite wanting Alien 3 retconned, I still love the film on its own merits and the only way to move that story forward seems to me to be through Morse's perspective.  So I really hope the powers that be give some consideration to expanding this into something bigger as a continuation from Alien 3.

Shh! My fan sequel that continues the Alien series has Morse brought on the Patna to see the excavated, radioactive remains of the derelict and a handful of salvaged alien eggs. He's nearly executed, but instead shipped to another ass-end-of-space prison and sworn to secrecy under penalty of death until someone investigating Hadleys digs him up.

I'll make it one day, goddamnit, and you'll see lol.

Anyway this volume looks incredibly epic. I can't swing it right now, but it's up there with some dream collectables that are on a list. That time-lapse of the fellow doing the APC cutaway was absolutely breathtaking. Great work guys, I hope its a success.

SM

QuoteThis.  I think it would be great to see an expansion of Morse's history via a stand-alone Post-Alien 3 book.  Despite wanting Alien 3 retconned, I still love the film on its own merits and the only way to move that story forward seems to me to be through Morse's perspective.  So I really hope the powers that be give some consideration to expanding this into something bigger as a continuation from Alien 3.

With the generally positive reaction to a continuation to Aliens - I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Engineer

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2015, 02:40:05 AM
QuoteThis.  I think it would be great to see an expansion of Morse's history via a stand-alone Post-Alien 3 book.  Despite wanting Alien 3 retconned, I still love the film on its own merits and the only way to move that story forward seems to me to be through Morse's perspective.  So I really hope the powers that be give some consideration to expanding this into something bigger as a continuation from Alien 3.

With the generally positive reaction to a continuation to Aliens - I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I would never expect a movie continuing on with Morse, but a good novel sequel to alien 3 following Morse's character would be AWESOME! I've said it before too! I even said A:CM should have brought Morse back instead of Hicks because that would have made a helluva lot more sense! I'm hoping Titan will eventually release a Book featuring Morse as a 4th entry in their recent series of novels. (Fingers crossed).

PS. I'm still trying to figure out which character has been knighted with your name, SM... I had to take a temporary hiatus from it though; sometimes work requires me to focus my attention to other fields of research in my free time! Lol

SM

That's no excuse!!

;D

Again, with Morse - Aliens is the popular one; not Alien3.  Supposed fans of Alien3 often have trouble telling the characters apart.  I don't believe there would be a large enough audience for a whole novel centred around Morse (hence the reason the three novels they did release were centred around the first two films).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed