AvPG Exclusive: Colonial Marines E3 2011 Plans

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Author
AvPG Exclusive: Colonial Marines E3 2011 Plans (Read 30,501 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Great One on Jun 08, 2011, 06:48:20 PM
Okay, so I got in. Aaannndddd, I am easily impressed and dissapointed. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt because it may have been early build. I wasn't able to get footage being rany pitchford was sitting to my right and the guy playing the demo o my left.

Thats okay.

QuoteThe only thing that bugged me was; I'm so used to avp where you shoot the xenos they kinda dismember. None of that in the demo. The pulse rifle sounds like the smart gun in avp that really bugged. And ontop of that the ammo count never hit 99, always stayed at 50.

Probably not a big deal. Game is still being made.

QuoteThey are introducing new types of xenos, one was in the demo. It looked like a big triceratops minus the horns.

THIS however IS going to be a problem... On paper, this big rhino Xenos sounds like a slap in the face, but did it work well? Did it work? Does it fit in with the movies and the rest of the game?

QuoteI did like the atmosphere, and the fact that you have to hold the motion tracker.

So that was good. Cool.

QuoteIf you guys got any questions feel freet to ask

Sorry for typos and grammer I'm still at e3 and am posting this from th phone

No big deal.

Salt The Fries

Do you think we'll get to see Burke or his remains and unearth more about him ??? After all, he shared the same fate as Dietrich, Apone and Hudson ???

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 08, 2011, 10:54:16 PM
Do you think we'll get to see Burke or his remains and unearth more about him ??? After all, he shared the same fate as Dietrich, Apone and Hudson ???
He blew him self up in a deleted scene after ripley gave him a grenade because he was facehugged and cacooned.
He was also in the AP, so he's just vapor now.

Chris!(($$))!

That deleted scene is not canon. It was completely taken out because it would not have made sense. If Burke were to be there at all, he would at the most only have a Face Hugger on him. If Burke WAS taken to the AP though, he is dead. Everything in the AP is definitely destroyed. If the idea that there is another Hive or area outside the AP where hosts (Hudson?) was being taken to then that is where we will find out.

MarcusVerus

Okay, so I got in. Aaannndddd, I am easily impressed and dissapointed. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt because it may have been early build. I wasn't able to get footage being rany pitchford was sitting to my right and the guy playing the demo o my left.

The only thing that bugged me was; I'm so used to avp where you shoot the xenos they kinda dismember. None of that in the demo. The pulse rifle sounds like the smart gun in avp that really bugged. And ontop of that the ammo count never hit 99, always stayed at 50.

They are introducing new types of xenos, one was in the demo. It looked like a big triceratops minus the horns.

I did like the atmosphere, and the fact that you have to hold the motion tracker.

If you guys got any questions feel freet to ask

How is the AI in the game? Are the Marines (the ones which are not in your squad)  just cannon fodder or do they help you in the game against the Xenos?

Vakarian

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 09, 2011, 05:01:34 AM
That deleted scene is not canon. It was completely taken out because it would not have made sense. If Burke were to be there at all, he would at the most only have a Face Hugger on him. If Burke WAS taken to the AP though, he is dead. Everything in the AP is definitely destroyed. If the idea that there is another Hive or area outside the AP where hosts (Hudson?) was being taken to then that is where we will find out.

Well, he might have got away  ;D

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Vinicius on Jun 09, 2011, 02:13:47 PM

The only thing that bugged me was; I'm so used to avp where you shoot the xenos they kinda dismember. None of that in the demo. The pulse rifle sounds like the smart gun in avp that really bugged. And ontop of that the ammo count never hit 99, always stayed at 50.

They are introducing new types of xenos, one was in the demo. It looked like a big triceratops minus the horns.

I did like the atmosphere, and the fact that you have to hold the motion tracker.

If you guys got any questions feel freet to ask

How is the AI in the game? Are the Marines (the ones which are not in your squad)  just cannon fodder or do they help you in the game against the Xenos?

The other Marines will mostly be canon fodder it sounds like while your squad will be on of the few remaining squads.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed