New Guardian interview with Sigourney Says Alien 5 Happening by 2022

Started by MajorB, Dec 17, 2016, 10:15:41 PM

Author
New Guardian interview with Sigourney Says Alien 5 Happening by 2022 (Read 5,986 times)

BishopShouldGo

Well of course it's crucial to Neill's movie! That's what his movie is about! Ripley and co. If his movie was about new characters then they would be crucial.

Anyway.

Ingwar

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 21, 2016, 12:49:26 AM
Bringing back Ripley, Hicks and Newt is the core of the proposal and it's the most retarded lightweight soft cock fan fiction content any dropkick brain dead jelly head fanboy could come up with.

;D

Kel G 426

windebieste

Would have been great.

In 1988.

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

Well get used to the 21st century, and buckle up, cuz it's a-comin'.

windebieste

I'm embracing my 17th year as a Citizen of the 21st Century. 

Unlike some people here; who are still living in the 1980's.   :P

[EDiT] By the way... What's coming?

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 01, 2017, 01:24:36 AM
I'm embracing my 17th year as a Citizen of the 21st Century. 

Unlike some people here; who are still living in the 1980's.   :P

[EDiT] By the way... What's coming?

-Windebieste.

Ripley is coming...

windebieste

BWAHAHAAA!!!

BWAHAHAAAA HAHA HAHA hahahaha!!!

hahahahahahha!!!

Oh, that's a good one.  "Ripley is coming..."  I like that.  You're so funny!

*Ahem* Says who?

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Glad you liked it.  :laugh:

I thought that was the perfect response to your question. We know that just like how Game of Thrones can't shed the centuries long winters, Alien can't shed the centuries long Ripley.

And we've reached a point where the Ripley Solstice is happening courtesy of Blomkamp.

Everytime a thread about this opens or an old one is revived, it just sends "Ripples" through the entire forum as all the Pro-Ripley and then us Alien 3 fans flock to them like flies to shit.  :laugh:

Happy New Year everybody.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 01, 2017, 02:50:52 AM
*Ahem* Says who?

Says EDDARD STARK himself!

windebieste

Ya... Happy New Year.  *grabs a beer from the fridge*.

-Windebieste.

The Cruentus

Ripley is way over used, and the franchise should not be dependent on her. I actually didn't hold up hope for Isolation because there was a "Ripley" in it but I was pleasantly surprised indeed, it helps that the game wasn't one of the dozen that emulated the second film, the first film is a classic in its own right and its horror elements are excellent. Aliens was brilliant and arguably (in the fandom) the superior film but its referenced and emulated too much, and the franchise needs to get away from that too. Neill's film should be made closer to the original if possible.

That said, I don't necessarily mind Sigourney Weaver and her character coming back in a retcon because both character and actress are awesome and perhaps the trio can get a proper send off and let new characters take over. However, while I would like the retcon to happen to eliminate Resurrection (since its more of a parody than a true alien film to me) I think Alien 3 doesn't need to be undone, except the magic egg part. I agree that the killing of Hicks and Newt was a dick move, but this is what the Alien universe is like, its indifferent and unforgiving, the fact that there is little to no plot armor in the third film is what makes it realistic, anyone can die.

So I am on and off about this new film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed