Into the Future!

Started by NickisSmart, Mar 07, 2015, 09:57:15 PM

Author
Into the Future! (Read 1,125 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

But how many years?

I think it's clear that this film is going to take place in the future. Just looking at Blompkamp's art, Hicks and Ripley are clearly older, I'd say near the age the actor's are currently. If they don't plan on doing anything silly like make the actors' faces younger like in Tron 2, or older like Prometheus/Back to the Future, then I'd say the film will take place about 20/30 years into the future.

Of course, this makes me wonder if they'll re-cast Carrie Henn, seeing as Newt doesn't kick the bucket at the end of Aliens, and Lance Henriksen, seeing as he doesn't technically die, either, and there is his maker, who I am assuming does age normally.

Aside from that, there's the picture with Ripley wearing a bomb vest, which makes me think suicide mission, or at the very least sabotage like Sarah Connor and co. going after Cyberdyne systems in T2. The aliens and queen seem to be in a company facility of sorts, so I'm guessing the company finally gets their hands on a couple and shit goes wrong. Predicting this, Ripley and Hicks go off to save the day.

I wonder if Blompkamp will design his own guns for the film, or use the pulse rifle and smartgun, and other marine weapons from Aliens. Though Alien: Isolation supposedly inspired him to change his designs a little. Perhaps the film will reflect more of an Alien vibe?

meshuggah

meshuggah

I don't mind if he mixes the designs up a little - some new stuff combined with elements of Aliens and Alien - clunky and utilitarian, etc. Oh hi Nick!

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Oh, hai, Mesh! Nice to see a familiar face! : )

meshuggah

meshuggah

Haha, indeed!  What the hell happened to the forum? Did Viscal get frustrated or something? Jones is over at Uncanny Valley (he's "Rong").

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Well, my guess would be it ran its course, somehow. It was supposed to last for another year or two, but who knows?

In regards to your post, I think combining Alien and Aliens a great idea. Sort of the "best of both worlds" mentality. Alien: Isolation did that a little I think and I loved every second of it. : )

meshuggah

meshuggah

lol yeah I guess we'll know more in the coming months...or not lol Yeah, and Blomkamp has been praising the hell out of Isolation, and it forced him to question the authenticity of the low-fi direction he's planning for his film. I have no doubts as far as the visual direction is concerned, he'll nail it, story-wise...that's another kettle of fish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed