So here's how I think Blomkamp's "A L I E N S: Revelations" goes down....

Started by LiquidMonster, Mar 06, 2015, 05:58:36 PM

Author
So here's how I think Blomkamp's "A L I E N S: Revelations" goes down.... (Read 13,035 times)

LiquidMonster

The Sulaco was boarded shortly after Ripley, Hicks, Bishop and Newt go into hypersleep after the events in Aliens by Weyland Yutani personnel. Ripley and co. are taken prisoner and kept in suspended animation as Weyland Corp studies them. They extract DNA from each of them and clone them(which due to the methods employed, accelerate their natural aging process). These clones are placed back on the Sulaco with eggs so that Weyland can view/record the lifecycle of the Aliens. This explains the events in Alien 3 and Resurrection.

The film begins with Bishop slowly waking Ripley and Hicks along with Newt(who has been recast due to obvious real life aging issues). Bishop explains to Ripley and Hicks that he managed to free them from a top secret Weyland holding facility. He shows them security footage of Weyland extracting their DNA and growing clones of them and then replacing them in the Sulaco with Alien eggs on board.

Bishop manages to find out that LV 426 was indeed the Alien homeworld all along and that Weyland had purposely set up mining colonies there to study the Alien lifecycle before contact was lost with Hadley's Hope. He goes on to explain that they need to nuke the planet from orbit but Bishop has decoded a faint distress signal from somewhere below LV 426's surface.....that of Hudson's. Hicks gathers a team of marines that "can be trusted" and realizes that they must again go back to LV 426 to investigate Hudson's distress signal(and see if he's even alive before they nuke the planet for good).

Once on the planet, they re-enter the Derelict as that's where Hudson's distress signal seems to be coming from. They find new underground tunnels leading to a massive, secret underground Weyland Yutani facility(remember that concept art Blomkamp released? ;)  ) where Hudson managed to escape to and is now being held against his will.

Naturally, once they rescue Hudson, they realize they must get back into orbit to nuke the entire planet. More Aliens are let loose from maniacal Weyland scientists along with a Queen and King alien as our heroes must fight their way back up to the planet's surface and get back into orbit to end the nightmare for good.

While this story will probably be dismissed as a bad "fan fiction", the few Alien fans I work with really seem to dig the basic premise of the plot as it simply doesn't dismiss Alien 3 and Resurrection as "bad dreams". Those movies *did* in fact happen but with CLONES of our heroes.

Go easy on me.

What does everyone think? What would you add? What would you take out?

Son Of Kane

Nope, just alternate continuity.

Valaquen

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 06:04:37 PM

My hopes, too. Best for all.

Close Encounters

Yeah, it's just way too much work to do anything else. Alternate timeline, here we go.

Local Trouble

I think the Sulaco made it home safe and sound with enough evidence to posthumously skewer Burke and exonerate Ripley for the Nostromo fiasco.  The company slithered its way out of any blame by denouncing Burke as a lone conspirator.

OpenMaw

I think the acronym KISS is best for this. So, as the others have said, yeah... It's just gonna go it's own path, with minimal explanation.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 06:28:58 PM
I think the Sulaco made it home safe and sound with enough evidence to posthumously skewer Burke and exonerate Ripley for the Nostromo fiasco.  The company slithered its way out of any blame by denouncing Burke as a lone conspirator.

See, now here's my question. Assuming we do actually get to see any of that... How the Hell are they gonna pull that off with the actors being as old as they are?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2015, 06:24:14 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 06:04:37 PM

My hopes, too. Best for all.

This.. Give us alternatives.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 06:28:58 PM

Burke probably was acting alone, its only later installments namely Resurrection that went blatently with the silly evil company angle.

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 06, 2015, 06:30:13 PMSee, now here's my question. Assuming we do actually get to see any of that... How the Hell are they gonna pull that off with the actors being as old as they are?

Simple, the film opens up 30 years later.  Everything I just described is told to us via snippets of expository dialogue.

Close Encounters

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 06, 2015, 06:30:13 PMSee, now here's my question. Assuming we do actually get to see any of that... How the Hell are they gonna pull that off with the actors being as old as they are?

Simple, the film opens up 30 years later.  Everything I just described is told to us via snippets of expository dialogue.

This. Just show Ripley and/or Hicks and/or Newt going about their daily life 30 years later and a WY representative or Colonial Marines officer walks up to them and says 'Hey, about that LV-426 thing......yeeeeeeah......"

The Cruentus

Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 06, 2015, 06:37:17 PM

This. Just show Ripley and/or Hicks and/or Newt going about their daily life 30 years later and a WY representative or Colonial Marines officer walks up to them and says 'Hey, about that LV-426 thing......yeeeeeeah......"

Maybe they do go about their everyday lives but get wind of someone acquiring the Xenomorph, knowing what they can do and being the only people with experience probably go off by themselves to sabotage the operation.

Local Trouble

If the aliens wind up on Earth, the old gang won't have much choice about getting involved.

Close Encounters

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 06, 2015, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 06, 2015, 06:37:17 PM

Maybe they do go about their everyday lives but get wind of someone acquiring the Xenomorph, knowing what they can do and being the only people with experience probably go off by themselves to sabotage the operation.

That could work, too. Question is how they get wind of it. I certainly hope that WY doesn't just go around the galaxy leaping for joy saying "WE FOUND THE XENO HOMEWORLD! YIPPEEE!!! All your weapons development money are belong to us!" That might be a little too blunt.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 06:43:36 PM
If the aliens wind up on Earth, the old gang won't have much choice about getting involved.

Hey hey, gotta save some things for Alien 6 now.... :laugh:

OpenMaw

Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 06, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

Not too far from the words spoken regarding Alien Resurrection many years past.

Close Encounters

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 06, 2015, 07:10:49 PM
Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 06, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

Not too far from the words spoken regarding Alien Resurrection many years past.

You said it. I really hope that Blomkamp just decides to do his own thing, sequels be damned. Still, we ALL know what Fox wants...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed