What should be the title for Alien 5?

Started by Magegg, Feb 19, 2015, 05:48:30 PM

Author
What should be the title for Alien 5? (Read 30,605 times)

KiramidHead

Alien: Justice for Hix n Noot

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 06:25:37 PM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 19, 2015, 06:17:26 PMI'm not sure if they'll use a number or not, but if they do, I'd be willing to bet they'd go with:

Alien V
Adding a roman number won't market with new generations, they need something more accessible that doesn't announce itself as something dragging too many sequels behind (examples the recent Rambo and Rocky comeback movies) so people who never saw those movies (people 20 years and younger) won't feel excluded and feel like they can just go watch the movie with a fresh mind.
I think number or not everybody and their mothers knows there were movies before this one. This franchise is very known despite it's age and I think they'd go for a numbered installment,  specially if Weaver is involved.

Terminator has Arnie returning but it is, predominantly, a reboot. With new actors replacing the old. In cases like that, I understand why they didn't go the numbered route. Here I think a number is not only fine but also fitting.

Magegg

Who assures you this is not going to be a "reboot sequel" like X-Men and Terminator?

Judging by the concept art, they want Ripley and Hicks back. The straight way to get that would be a sort of reboot...

OpenMaw

Alien Silly Subtitles.

Just like Star Trek Into Darkness, you leave out the colon.  :laugh:

Just call it Alien V, for God's sake.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 07:11:49 PMJust call it Alien V, for God's sake.

Yeah, this. We don't need a ridiculous subtitle like the ones proposed here.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 07:11:49 PMJust call it Alien V, for God's sake.

Here. I even made the title card, like, six years ago.  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLwDar5zC8#ws

TechNoir

'More Aliens'  ;D

'Alien V' gets my vote, nice and simple.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 07:18:09 PM

Here. I even made the title card, like, four years ago.  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLwDar5zC8#ws

Apparently Alien V doesn't look so bad after all, nice job.

Nightmare Asylum

Chaplienesium 9

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Who assures you this is not going to be a "reboot sequel" like X-Men and Terminator?
Well because earlier when Fox officially stated that Blomkamp will be directing this movie, it was worded as "a sequel to the Alien franchise." In essence, it is a reboot but marketing itself predominantly as a sequel doesn't hurt it.  And I think Fox knows that and it is why they worded it like so.

Intrepid-Traveler

Alienses.

Lol but on a real note, they are obviously going for the franchise steal here so Alien is going to be in the title.

Shoot they might just call it "Alien" again and people will just have to start adding Alien (2017) when they refer to the new movie.

whiterabbit

Alien V sounds good to me... wait is this supposed to have those lizard alien thing from the V mini series... :P

Magegg

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 19, 2015, 08:06:53 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Well because earlier when Fox officially stated that Blomkamp will be directing this movie, it was worded as "a sequel to the Alien franchise." In essence, it is a reboot but marketing itself predominantly as a sequel doesn't hurt it.  And I think Fox knows that and it is why they worded it like so.
Pretty much. Whatever, the title's not that important. If it's called Alien V I'm gonna watch anyway.

Russ

Russ

If it's a retcon AL III EN

I love that, I can't remember who came up with it, but it rules

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 07:58:05 PM
Chaplienesium 9

Funny thing, if this comes out after Prometheus 2, this will be the 9th film to ever feature the world of Alien.

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection, AvP, AvP-R, Prometheus, Prometheus 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed