How would you rank the Predator movies after having seen Prey?

Started by predator88, Aug 05, 2022, 12:26:14 PM

Author
How would you rank the Predator movies after having seen Prey? (Read 10,868 times)

Billiken

Going off topic, do you think there would be a many making of docos  compiled for this movie as though it would be for DVD and blu Ray, or would they have not bothered knowing it was just streaming?

BlueMarsalis79

Legion FX Season 1 had plenty of behind the scenes content and it got a release on Blu-ray.

It also being a Hulu production, I would genuinely be surprised if Prey does not get a proper home release.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

1) Predator

2 a) Predator 2
2 b) Prey

3) Predators

4) AvP: R
5) AvP
6) The Predator

BlueMarsalis79

marrerom

1) Predator
2) Prey
3) Predators
4) Predator 2
5) The Predator

Pu$$yFace

The thing with Nimrod's Predators.

Adrien Brody as the protagonist sucks, cringe worthy actually, and while its tone and seriousness is consistently good, the concept of the film is pretty stupid, it neuters the menace and threat of an individual predator, by needing three of them for the events to take place, where they're not so much competitively and dangerously hunting prey in their own habitat, but rather shooting fish in a barrel.

And even then, two of them get disposed way too easy. And it's ultimately just a shameful rip off of the original disguised as a reboot.  Force Awakens style.

Predator 2 reaches higher highs, way more likable protagonist, and cast.  But also actually added to the mythology as opposed to just remaking the first film identically verbatim.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 01:42:16 PMThe thing with Nimrod's Predators.

Adrien Brody as the protagonist sucks, cringe worthy actually, and while its tone and seriousness is consistently good, the concept of the film is pretty stupid, it neuters the menace and threat of an individual predator, by needing three of them for the events to take place, where they're not so much competitively and dangerously hunting prey in their own habitat, but rather shooting fish in a barrel.

And even then, two of them get disposed way too easy. And it's ultimately just a shameful rip off of the original disguised as a reboot.  Force Awakens style.

Predator 2 reaches higher highs, way more likable protagonist, and cast.  But also actually added to the mythology as opposed to just remaking the first film identically verbatim.

You're my new favourite person on this site.

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 12, 2022, 03:15:28 PM
Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 01:42:16 PMThe thing with Nimrod's Predators.

Predator 2 reaches higher  ::) highs, way more likable protagonist, and cast.  But also actually added to the mythology as opposed to just remaking the first film identically verbatim.

You're my new favourite person on this site.
Appreciate that.  Great minds.  I was so hyped for Predators.  My first true lone focused Predator movie I would get to see in theaters, and then that's what I was given smh  ::) it's not The Predator, but damn it left me disappointed.  Prey?  Complete opposite.  Went in trepidatious but wound up pleasantly surprised.  Honorable sequel along with P2 in the franchise.

BlueMarsalis79

I do not particularly like or dislike Predators it just maintains a consistently mostly average quality. In some ways I might rather have something bad and interesting like Alien Resurrection that something dull and kinda good.

KiramidHead

Predators has a cool idea behind it but doesn't really make the most of it. Resurrection is three very different things thrown together (Alien, Whedon, and Jeunet) that don't really mix but make for a weirdly interesting watch.

(Bad Blood)

1. Predator 2. Prey/Predator 2 3. Predators 4. The Predator

Cougerboy

I am really struggling as to whether to place "Predator 2" or "Prey" as my second favorite Predator movie after the original. Both Pred 2 and Prey are dead even as second for me right now.

PsyKore

Predator
Predator 2

Prey/Predators

The Predator (this movie can get f***ed)

Gilfryd

Predator - Great
Predator 2 - f**k yeah
Prey - Pretty good (I need to rewatch it)
Predators - Competent but underwhelming
AVP - Underwhelming but inoffensive
The Predator - Goofy mess*
AVPR - Meanspirited mess*

* I like Wolf and Fugitive though.

BigDaddyJohn

Predator
Predator 2
Prey

The Predator
Predators

AVPR
AVP

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed