Most scariest/heart pounding part of the game

Started by War Wager, Mar 08, 2008, 09:03:19 PM

Author
Most scariest/heart pounding part of the game (Read 12,838 times)

jegu

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jul 21, 2008, 11:42:50 PM
Predator is too overpowered.

Yeah. Even a single rocket can't kill the predator. Isn't that just weard....? They replaced manuvarable and agile predator AI with brute force. Cheap way and saves some time on coding.

Predator755

Gosh there were so many scary parts when playing as a marine! Getting jumped by xenos, seeing blue bolts of plasma from nowhere coming right at you, hearing intense angry sounds and not knowing where they are originating from, crappy building structure coming apart at the seams and scarying the tar out of you every few minutes. Its freaky!
Plus its dark and hard to tell where your enemy is at.
Then you come along and find some skinned bodies hanging from the ceiling, or a body mutilated on the floor. That certainly gets you on edge! Much more than current games, save for FEAR.
But man, youre always on edge, knowing that something can, and often will, come out at any moment from any angle. It was really freaky when youre in the egg chamber, surrounded by dozens of eggs containing facehuggers! Its like walking through a friggen' mine field!

In the first AvP game, I couldnt aim for crap as a marine in the first levels. Id see an alien coming up from a story or two below me, fire a few burts, realize it wasnt working for crap, then pump a few grenades at it, then get shredded!

Oh, and is it just me, or are these older games somewhat more... realistic, than most games today? I mean, playing as a marine makes me act very different from when Im playing something like Call of Duty 4, or Halo. I act like I would in real life! Trouble is, theres no 'crap in your pants' button action for the AvP games. :P

xLV-426x

Playing as an Alien on a level I can't remember the name of - There was a long bit of water and loads of marines below you and you had to jump into the water and get into a vent - but there was a predator noise - thats what really made my jump - thought it was behind me, got shit scared.

DarkBladeClan Wolf

I read this somewhere, but the part that got me was when you're playing as a drone, and you "spy" on these two marines and their talking about how a general got his skull ripped out, and after that you hear Pred noises, but there never is a Pred.......spooky  :o :o :o :o

Carnage95

Carnage95

I could remember once when I heard the Prealien making noises somewhere then "CRASH!" it comes running towards me I started firing like crazy! Pretty intense.

XenoVC

There was one moment that made me all most shart myself a couple years back, look at 1:12 in the vid

War Wager

Crikey, I was sure that was an Alien there. ^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed