Full Comic Con panel audio + full Ridley sat link video

Started by Keyes, Jul 22, 2011, 06:13:59 PM

Author
Full Comic Con panel audio + full Ridley sat link video (Read 24,791 times)

JaaayDee

That picture wasn't from the Fox panel.

maddriver

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 24, 2011, 07:13:45 PM
I am not talking about the one in your signature. I am talking about the female in a spacesuit looking towards the sky, as something is reflected on her visor.
And the rest of the interviews, even the Ridley part was taken from the panel right?

JaaayDee

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 24, 2011, 07:29:07 PM
People said that it was in the trailer and the one in your sig is the only official photo at this time.
If it's not from the panel and it wasn't released by Fox, then where did people get that?

It had to be displayed somewhere. Or maybe I am making the biggest confusion of all time and deserve to be thrown into an egg chamber all by  myself  :'(

maddriver

Thanks for the clarification. I now stand corrected.

<brb, I'm now entering the egg chamber. close the door behind me>

RDdaNINJA

Kewl, now shut up and get to the trailer!!

OWLF

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 24, 2011, 08:13:21 PM
It was from a short film completely unrelated to Alien.
I wouldn´t necessarily call it "completely" unrelated to ALIEN. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.101511183271830.2880.101482506608031&type=1

If you look closely in the pic you´ll see her patch says "Weylan" before it became Weylan-Yutani.
A nice little nod to ALIEN.Also read that her space suit was heavily inspired by Ripley´s white space suit.
Hence the ALIEN similarities.

First Blood

First Blood

Nice find! The Weylan patch looks great. Although it's spelled Weyland.

Bad Replicant

It was actually spelled that way in Alien. Cambo added the 'd'. 

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 26, 2011, 03:26:15 AM
Nice find! The Weylan patch looks great. Although it's spelled Weyland.
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jul 26, 2011, 04:17:04 AM
It was actually spelled that way in Alien. Cambo added the 'd'. 
Bad Replicant is correct.Originally in ALIEN the "Company" is called WEYLAN-YUTANI without the "D".James Cameron for some reason( probably misinformation ) added the "D" on WEYLAN in ALIENS.

Take a closer look at the beer can logo,you´ll see it actually says WEYLAN-YUTANI without the "D".
Somewhere there´s also a shot of the bridge´s flight control computer screen starting up where you can see the name Weylan-Yutani on the upper half,but right now I can´t find it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lt. Ellen Ripley on Jul 26, 2011, 01:16:32 AM
If you look closely in the pic you´ll see her patch says "Weylan" before it became Weylan-Yutani.
A nice little nod to ALIEN.Also read that her space suit was heavily inspired by Ripley´s white space suit.
Hence the ALIEN similarities.

On the other side it has the Egyptian wings of the original Nostromo crew shirts. ADC and the gang are huge fans of Alien (he's doing the Alien Encounters documentary and organizing the 25 Years of Aliens convention) so a lot of the work they do will often be influenced by Alien.

Haha. You can even seen Gareth (Abe the Alien) on the left and Darren Kemp director/producer/writer of Aliens Epilogue.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Lt. Ellen Ripley on Jul 26, 2011, 05:18:52 AM

Bad Replicant is correct.Originally in ALIEN the "Company" is called WEYLAN-YUTANI without the "D".James Cameron for some reason( probably misinformation ) added the "D" on WEYLAN in ALIENS.

I wonder if Cameron wanted to correct it after having a chat about its origins with Ron Cobb who worked on Aliens and came up with the Weylan-Yutani name

harlock

I hope Ridley puts it back to Weylan, I really do.

Never say no to Panda!

Who cares if it is Weyland or Weylan...it's just a single letter  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed