AvPR Nominated For Razzies

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 21, 2008, 03:51:26 PM

Author
AvPR Nominated For Razzies (Read 21,345 times)

ZEN

ZEN

konradski:  I was just using SHOOT'EM UP as an example because those idiots were bashing it because it was a shoot'em up!.I guess critics are'nt the only idiots........

Requiem

Requiem

Aliens and Predators...we had a good run, but now your requiem has been sung.  Now we lay you down to rest, maybe you'll come back someday...let's hope for the best.   :)  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Yeah the comics were good and I highly recommend you read them as they're well crafted.

Deco

Deco

ZEN,   Yeah the alien lifecycle doesnt really bother me. I dont want to press my opinion on anyone but I sure like ranting about how bad this movie is! (If someone takes it personally then they have a problem, not me. If I disagree with anyone on here I do it in a respectful way, afterall, we're all different)   :D     I just feel that Its just really bad film-making - The movies are going back in time and dropping in standard. I would love to see a Batman Begins of AVP (Speaking of Batman - poor Heath Ledger) - a total revamp, something new and something fresh because lets face it, no matter how many of the fans enjoyed watching the movie, it still is a terrible attempt at film-making and an insult to movies and to Hollywood. Now dont get me wrong, im not judging this out of its category, but I would rather watch sit through Alexander again than watch this movie for a second time. (Slight exaggeration)  I just cant help tihnking about what watching a war between these races would be like... That is what should have been done a long time ago and trying to satisfy fans with low budget slasher movies, is just a shame.  This franchise has suffered a bigger fall from grace than Britney Spears.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Deco couldn't agree more.  JC was an efx artist just like the Strausses and yet he pulled it off brilliantly.  His budget was far less than the brothers and you have to wonder why Fox still keeps churning out crap.  Style over substance now; swearing, blood, gore, don't make a good movie.  Atmosphere, setting, characterizing, dialogue; these are the things that make a good movie and combined with the aforementioned words make a great movie.

pizelco

pizelco

good for them its was a horrible movie and now make alien 5   ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D  

Tony

Tony

What was Alien 5 supposed to be about. Wasn't it supposed to have the aliens appear on Earth for the first time ever.  I think it could still happen despite the AVP movies. I might be a huge Predator fan but I to like the alien series I even like A:3 and A:R. I think the aliens are cool but not like the predators and for alien fans who say that the aliens got raped in AVPR I say yeah so what the Predators got raped in the first one so shut up already cry babies. Predators rule and aliens drool ( alot by the way)

konradski

konradski

.What i liked about the movie was that the predator was'nt on a hunt,he was just cleaning up the mess  but this is yet another issue i have with the film .yes i can sit back and let slight possibilitys and depending on film watched pass me by. but great stinking cock ups , as you have just pointed out annoy me heres why  on destroying all evidence of the crash site and alien activity our cleaner wally then skins  the patrol officer so why in chuffs name was he trying to cover it up if he , one our protagonist,s of the movie then starts leaving his own trail of alien activity I guess critics are'nt the only idiots........yes but their not blind either   now come up with yet another explanation why he did what he did in the movie ,as to me if i was the sherif . i would now be looking around town for a murderer who,s just killed a cop which would have been a much more interesting running back storey an action always require,s a reaction

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sulaco

Sulaco

Konradski/ Skinning the prey is breed into the beast. Predators have been doing that since day one. They do not think along the lines of human.    ;D  

Deco

Deco

HICKS  Couldnt have said it better man...

Fury_616

Fury_616

Is it just me, or are the Razzies just a snarky excuse to rip on the big screen releases by major studios?  The same movies keep appearing over and over in each of the nomination categories (Captivity, Norbit, I Know Who Killed Me, etc.) when we all know there's a whole treasure trove of fresh steaming shi*t being put out on DVD every day, also by the major studios.  The Razzies were actually funny when they were creative; now they're just as tired as the establishment they claim to be criticizing.  Besides, how can AVP:R get a Razzie nod when the latest Night of the Living Dead 3-D re-make crapfest didn't?

konradski

konradski

thus the wolf is not a cleaner . as his  removing traces of another species encounter is flawed and his purpose is ironic   "i say we take off n nuke the site from orbit,,its the only way to be sure" lol  omg his plan is doomed to fail . in making sure no evidence of an alien encounter is found  DOH !!  dont you just hate it when somthing so small can unravel the reason a charachter is there . whether it is bred into them or not  is that cannon then , predators having to skin everything they meet/prey upon also why is it mr n mrs strauss said his purpose wasnt the same as hunting . he was their to erase any  trace,s of aliens not make new one,s also he would  have skinned the other human encounters instead of blue liquiding them ?

ZEN

ZEN

The predator just killed the guy,and he probably thought "Well he ran faster then i expected,and i have a few minutes.....". And it does'nt take long to skin something,if you do it right then it will only take a few minutes.And have any of you ever heard of recon?.You go in,eccess the situation you go into the sewers .you see how far its spread."Oh hey,im a predator,whats that?.Aliens on earh?.Guess i better nuke em!.(3 years later).Ah shucks!.Its over-run with aliens hee-yuk!.".Wolf grabbed the ooze off the dead pred and used it for lots of stuff at first,then saw how far they had spread,and started using it on bigger stuff,then in the hospital he thought "Well,theres no point in using this,theres just too much!".And crammed the vial down the aliens throwt.And konradski,he did'nt kill those humans he liquified,so there would be no honor in taking a trophy.In my AVP omnibus Top-knot took most of the armor and left a predator to die on a planet because he took a trophy that was'nt his to take.And the xenomorphs are very dangerous bio-weapons,would you put your own species at risk to some short,pale wimpy humans?.No,youd destroy as much evidence as possible.You people are still thinking human.You need to start thinking cold-blooded killer with highly trained skills and a twisted sense of honor.Sorry you did'nt like the movie Deco.

ZEN

ZEN

Hey Deco hows your script going?.Mine failed because plot devices in mine are in the movie.I might be able to do P3,but its not looking good.From what i saw AVP-R should'nt mess up anything in yours,but i dont know how your script is working,i hope its doing well,im still interested in the whole conspericy thing with that guy you were telling me about    ;D  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed