Which class is your favorite?

Gunner
Demolisher
Technician
Doc
Recon
Phalanx
Author
Favorite Class? + Talk Shop (Read 726 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

So what's your favorite Class?

Also what weapon and class builds are you using or experimenting with? What are your favorite weapons and for which difficulty?

I've mostly been playing single player and just beat the third campaign. So far i've mostly used the Gunner to get by, he just works good all around and you need that in single.. I'm a bigger alien fan than I am a gamer these days and I worry I'm not upgrading my weapons the best way. Any advice would be 👍

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Technician seems to have the most lasting effect on the gameplay,that is you can leave behind and retrieve a sentry gun as well as throw a special freeze grenade that slows xenos down. You can't do that with any other class.
Technician is tops.
BUT Gunner has an extremely powerful and useful Overclock perk which nobody has.
RECON has the lovely pups that makes your FPS chop up but are really fun to use and modify.
Demolition gives us the HEAVY ones which includes the Impact Grenades that basically saves the potatoes. Saving the day is really fun.
Then there are the other ones, DOC and Phalanx.
Doc can give you and the team some buff because Doc is a whore.
And Phalanx, Ive yet to level up to actually use the Shield the way you're intended to. It apparently has a buff that allows you to knock down Xenos.
Am I missing anymore?

Gentleman Death

I've been going back to technician a lot! He seems to be the most well rounded of the classes.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Here's my gunner build. Any suggestions?

Going through the game on intense now. Using the Halberd and auto shotgun.

acrediblesource

Is it possible to level up Gunner higher? 170 perhaps? All the other classes I have gotten them to 170 but Gunner typically is maxed out at 160.

FYI, there are 2 Combat Ratings (im not sure if this was on purpose or that we see the Core/Modifiers as the first half and the weapons and consumables as the second).
I am talking about the C/M modifiers.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I maxed Demolisher first. Loads of fun playing with the smart gun and rockets.

Gunner is okay. Kinda basic.

I didn't enjoy Technician until I got the flame-throwing upgrade to my turret. Now I love it.

Didn't enjoy Recon until I got the Blood Hound upgrade for my PUPS, which severely weakens the elite enemies.

Doc bores the hell out of me. Trauma Station is a minor convenience and I don't see a big difference when I activate Combat Stims.

Haven't played Phalanx much at all yet.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I started going for Demolisher cus Smartgun Yes. But as I went to play on higher difficulties it didnt seem that effective and I started to get into playing as Gunner. I just started liking melting big aliens with overclock and the pump shotgun.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I'm happy to see the Technician winning. I like the other classes too but I immediately fell in love with the sun grenades and the sentry turret. Even without being able to use the pulse rifle or smart gun.

For me,

1. Technician
2. Doc
3. Gunner
4. Demolisher
5. Phalanx and Recon tied because I haven't played enough of them.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Started with Demolisher and had a lot of fun with it.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I started with the demo but I felt like the smart gun is just too underpowered.

I'm playing as technician now and have been enjoying it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed