NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,199 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm going to have to start keeping these at work with how quickly my shelf space is dwindling.  :laugh:

Master

Master

Quote from: lightsyder on Jul 20, 2017, 12:24:31 PM
Do the AvP guys have names or descriptions in the game?  Wondering what they are going to call them...

Boss characters do have a name.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Purple alien = Razor Claws
Shelled alien = Chrysalis
Blueish alien = Arachnoid
Blue predator = Mad Predator

dcsat

dcsat

For those interested...here's the game: http://www.gamesra.com/play/aliens-vs-predator/547

Controls for me were X C V B, space bar, and enter. Enjoy!

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

the AVP game aliens look nice, the Chrysalis looks small. But the preds are 100% disappointment.

They just repainted a Jungle and a City hunter. And the City Hunter doesnt look like anything in the game. The Pred hunter only has the City Hunter armor on the character select screen but the other Pred doesnt look like he looks in the character select screen. He looks like the gameplay art, this is a mess. It looks like for the Preds they just went with a new paint job and that's it. Forget matching anything. Either match both to the gameplay, or character select, or both to the cutscenes. 

Ultramorph

Hemi

Hemi

Kinda love that Chrysalis design... Looks freaky.. :D

zornax

zornax

the AVP arcade game was great, and these figures look pretty faithful to the imaginative designs in that game. the side views are obviously meant to evoke the look of the sprites and they really do.

could this have something to do with a rerelease of the game? one could hope.

mythology

mythology

Were all thinking about razor claws in that pose. A facehugger finally got freddy krueger.

It looks like they used the character selection art instead of the in-game sprites. That explains p2 hunter. But i just can't say no to mad predator. xD Blue predator + Blue alien fighting in a Blue or cold world.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm still bitter about not seeing Drake...but I'm sold on those Xeno's. They don't look as cartoony as their predator counter parts.
I hope this means NECA will venture into other games like AVP2010 and ACM. All the player models from those games would make awesome figures.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Would be amazing to see a rerelease of the game online or on current consoles

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: zornax on Jul 21, 2017, 08:11:36 AM
the AVP arcade game was great, and these figures look pretty faithful to the imaginative designs in that game. the side views are obviously meant to evoke the look of the sprites and they really do.

could this have something to do with a rerelease of the game? one could hope.

And they could be completely faithful by giving the hunter the right head. I would very interested in hearing the explanation for why he got a mask that is never seen in the game. Not even in he arcade cabinet art.

Quote from: mythology on Jul 21, 2017, 09:04:15 AM
It looks like they used the character selection art instead of the in-game sprites. That explains p2 hunter. But i just can't say no to mad predator. xD Blue predator + Blue alien fighting in a Blue or cold world.

After a bit of research the character select screen and in the cutscenes he has the City Hunter armor, it's just that is some cutscenes they just didnt go into detail and it looks a bit different because of that, but the mask does change. He has the prototype/gort mask for cutscenes and in the character select screen, in game, and cabinet art, he has the standard jungle hunter mask.

Hemi

Hemi

I want all these models in one big frag fest of a game, horde mode survival, going "RAaaaaaahhh" while playing Hudson and taunting the sht out of my keyboard. "you want some to?? FCK YOU!!"

is this really to much to ask?? 😂

Kailem

Kailem

Those look fantastic, especially the Razor Claws and Chrysalis Aliens! And I really like the shade of blue they went with for the Mad Predator, and just the other figures in general. There's a smoothness and softness to them that I really like.

Think I'm going to have to try and pick up Razor Claws and Chrysalis at some point at the very least. And I really like that Chrysalis has an extendable head too. Dammit NECA, stop putting out so many figures I want but can't afford!

Wonder if we might see a Royal Guard from the game at all at some point, or if they held off on that one in lieu of doing an "official" Praetorian at some point.

And yup, it'd be great if we could get that game on consoles. It's a classic. I don't think it's ever been released officially outside of the arcades, but man would I pay good money for a proper release.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 22, 2017, 06:08:48 PM
Wonder if we might see a Royal Guard from the game at all at some point, or if they held off on that one in lieu of doing an "official" Praetorian at some point.
We kind of did get an official Praetorian, with the newly released Defiance Alien based on the comic series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed