AvP3 Marine Nightmare Guide

Started by AcidGlow, Mar 06, 2011, 02:32:13 AM

Author
AvP3 Marine Nightmare Guide (Read 8,495 times)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Hope this helps those that still need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xLfPlPakhk#

Corporal Hicks

I've not attempted Marine on Nightmare yet but I watched the first levels guide. Looks like it should be useful for those who get stuck.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Nice tips there Acidglow! I've never tried to keep distance with Aliens since the melee offers you an ultimate alternative as a marine.
Always remain in block then apply the rock paper scissors to take them down.
A bit difficult when you're surrounded but that's how I did.

Maybe I'm gonna give it a shot to your way, more pulse action, less hand to hand thanks!  ;)

Brother

Brother

Never used marine melee, never will, never needed it. Man up!

Purebreedalien

Quote from: AcidGlow on Mar 06, 2011, 02:32:13 AM
Hope this helps those that still need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xLfPlPakhk#

Added it to my favourites, I'll give this a go using these tips when I have the time. Thanks. :)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 06, 2011, 10:47:47 PM

That's why I said to keep your distance and take them out 1 by 1. If you sit in 1 spot and hold block.. you give the pack of aliens more time to close in on you..  :P aside from the distance.. there was another key point I said... but anyways..  :P

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: AcidGlow on Mar 08, 2011, 10:55:55 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 06, 2011, 10:47:47 PM

That's why I said to keep your distance and take them out 1 by 1. If you sit in 1 spot and hold block.. you give the pack of aliens more time to close in on you..  :P aside from the distance.. there was another key point I said... but anyways..  :P

I got it don't worry  :D What I was saying is that when I do nightmare, I usually let them get to me, and I apply the rock - paper - scissors system and there's nothing they can do against it. Sounds like a cheat somehow, that's why I like your way, more bullet time  ;)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

How exactly do you expect to apply the R,P,S melee when you have 2 aliens doing weak melee and 1 doing a headbite while you cower in a corner holding block  :P

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Well almost every strike of Alien is between 1 to 4.
Usually, as their dumb code want it, they attack alone and it happens that sometimes one jump with a week melee attack.
All you have to do is to focus on the single Alien, the others circling around are not a problem. They use one weak attack every... 10 seconds? when they are no more than 4 of course.

When they are more than 4, this is bullet time to reduce their number to 4 - 3 and then apply the thing again.
The problem I had with this method: It take a huge amount of time. Because of the speed of the rock paper scissors and the dumb alien code which seems to hesitate a lot before an attack  ::)

Purebreedalien

I got to the Synthetics in the Jungle level, and I forgot about them. I ran into a shotgun blast, I was so close to the end. :D

Thanks for the tips, they're really helping, AcidGlow.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 10, 2011, 05:24:52 PM
I got to the Synthetics in the Jungle level, and I forgot about them. I ran into a shotgun blast, I was so close to the end. :D

Thanks for the tips, they're really helping, AcidGlow.

lol. alrighty then. Jungle is a piece of cake so it's not too bad starting over. You can battle the synths if you waited for them to come out but I just run.  :P

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Yeah I'll most likely run as well, Synths usually kick my ass. xD

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 10, 2011, 09:50:46 PM
Yeah I'll most likely run as well, Synths usually kick my ass. xD

You won't be able to run like that in Research Lab..  :P

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Haha, I gotta get past the marathon that is Ruins first. I got up to the crashed Dropship and died when I tried this morning. :D

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Drop ship is the only challenging part in that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed