Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,737 times)

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2020, 12:52:54 PM
I think I've just been going "oh, damn!" every few pages with both issues. There are some f**king fantastic panels in both issues so far. I really enjoyed the second issue. Wheatley's artwork continues to be top notch and I'm still liking Beredo's colouring too. I'm really digging the Aliens actually being competent in an AvP series because that usually doesn't happen.

Spoiler
Loved the scarred up Predator on the ship. Also loved that wrist mounted flamethrower. While I'm loving the Alien being useful, I'm also kinda like "awwww, he died." I love me some scarred up Predators doing damage. But after what happened to that Elder (another oh, damn) I'm wondering if we'll see him get into some good action at some point. Mechanical arm and leg, anyone?!
[close]

Spoiler
It left behind its wrist gauntlet. Granted that was the arm with the wrist blades and the one with the gauntlet was what got caught in the door, but I'm not expecting them to self-destruct. So I'm expecting him to make a last stand. They'd need at least one of his hands to work to operate the ship so either they carry around his hand or the Predator is the one that lives. I'm expecting the synthetic kid to die. 
[close]

Xiggz456

I think I've just been going "oh, damn!" every few pages with both issues. There are some f**king fantastic panels in both issues so far. I really enjoyed the second issue. Wheatley's artwork continues to be top notch and I'm still liking Beredo's colouring too. I'm really digging the Aliens actually being competent in an AvP series because that usually doesn't happen.

Spoiler
Loved the scarred up Predator on the ship. Also loved that wrist mounted flamethrower. While I'm loving the Alien being useful, I'm also kinda like "awwww, he died." I love me some scarred up Predators doing damage. But after what happened to that Elder (another oh, damn) I'm wondering if we'll see him get into some good action at some point. Mechanical arm and leg, anyone?!
[close]

I certainly said "oh damn" when

Spoiler
The whip was used to amputate those broken limbs
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jan 16, 2020, 07:02:56 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I certainly said "oh damn" when

Spoiler
The whip was used to amputate those broken limbs
[close]

Yep, that was certainly one of those moments for me!

Spoiler
I really thought they'd killed him so I thought that was quite a surprise.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

So, is it good?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I wasn't sure about the first issue or even the preview of issue #2. But #2 was actually really good and has me pretty excited now for the rest of the series. Some excellent panels in this issue too.

Spoiler
This Alien is kicking some major butt! Its a bit of a pleasant surprise considering it feels like most AvP stories slant towards preds doing the butt kicking. I was a little confused on the panel with flamethrower predator getting killed, is the alien ripping his spine out through his neck?
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Let me know when it's over then.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Issue #2 is a step down in my humble opinion. The art is very nice, but the story is less than engaging. If you're going to be this flimsy, at least go all out Under Seige or Die Hard on a boat! 

To be honest, this 'Kids surviving Aliens & Predators' will be the AvP-Lite I'm expecting from Disney+ if my suspicions are true that they one day get their hands on AvP, less the human gore of issue #1 of course.

Spoiler
Seeing the array Predator weapons was very cool.

The Xeno was waaaay overpowered. I'm fine with it winning, but it didn't even have a scratch on it after it enjoyed dismembering its latest Predator victim.  It's not like there was an element of surprise at play. Big eyeroll there.

When the android recoiled in pain from its connection to the Predator ship, I was honestly hoping the something more inside would have revealed itself to be biomechanical in nature, in the vein of the Lost Predator ship. No such luck. Maybe it will still reveal he's infected in some way. Guess we'll see.
[close]

I would personally grade this issue a "C". Nothing special in my opinion, unfortunately.

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 23, 2020, 02:23:03 PM
Issue #2 is a step down in my humble opinion. The art is very nice, but the story is less than engaging. If you're going to be this flimsy, at least go all out Under Seige or Die Hard on a boat! 

To be honest, this 'Kids surviving Aliens & Predators' will be the AvP-Lite I'm expecting from Disney+ if my suspicions are true that they one day get their hands on AvP, less the human gore of issue #1 of course.

Spoiler

The Xeno was waaaay overpowered. I'm fine with it winning, but it didn't even have a scratch on it after it enjoyed dismembering its latest Predator victim.  It's not like there was an element of surprise at play. Big eyeroll there.

When the android recoiled in pain from its connection to the Predator ship, I was honestly hoping the something more inside would have revealed itself to be biomechanical in nature, in the vein of the Lost Predator ship. No such luck. Maybe it will still reveal he's infected in some way. Guess we'll see.
[close]

I would personally grade this issue a "C". Nothing special in my opinion, unfortunately.

Oof.  This isn't totally outside the realm of possibility  :'(

Spoiler
I'm kind of siding with 426Buddy on this one, it is kind of refreshing to see the Alien get some good action.  Predators are usually the ones doing the dominating, so I don't mind it.  Just this once. lol
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Jan 24, 2020, 12:33:30 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 23, 2020, 02:23:03 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Oof.  This isn't totally outside the realm of possibility  :'(

Spoiler
I'm kind of siding with 426Buddy on this one, it is kind of refreshing to see the Alien get some good action.  Predators are usually the ones doing the dominating, so I don't mind it.  Just this once. lol
[close]

I'm all for...

Spoiler
Alien dominance. Just show us how. Show us what happened after they squared off and how it ended up without a scratch and the armed Predator dismembered.  :)

Show us how this didn't happen:

[close]

426Buddy

To be fair thats a clip from a film with the most incompetent aliens ever.

Voodoo Magic

I get that, but that whip is still mighty deadly tho. And my issue was and is...

Spoiler
#WithoutAScratch
[close]

426Buddy

Its interesting that the whip seems to light up and electrify when used. Kinda weird since I thought it was made from an aliens tail.

Ultramorph

I know it's a bit early with only two issues, but his is easily the best AVP comic we've had in ten years. I wasn't so sure last issue, but Wheatley is firing on all cylinders on the art, and it's nice to just have Aliens fighting Predators for a change. They need to get Wheatley on more art duties.

The Old One

The Old One

I'll wait until it's finished but I'm liking the look of it.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed