Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,639 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?

Local Trouble

Don't know such stuff.  Just do eyes.  Just eyes.

Monster Man

Quote from: molasar on Dec 21, 2019, 01:54:27 AM
ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: THICKER THAN BLOOD #4 cover

Spoiler
The action-packed finale! Maria and the Predator make their final, harrowing stand against the Alien. But in a pact with the Predator, safety is never guaranteed.
[close]

Another cool cover. Killin' Aliens, Castlevania style.

Russ840

Corporal Hicks

Oh, snap! Little bit of janky colouring in there, but...

Spoiler
skull! Rare time when an Alien actually ups a Predator.
[close]

426Buddy

Yeah really not feeling the look of this series. Its a bummer because i was so excited for Wheatley.

Will just have to wait and see how much I enjoy it when the series is done.

SuperiorIronman

I kind of un-ironically love that the Predator flamethrower it's just a wrist mounted flamethrower. Not even a change in color or anything it's just hands free.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2020, 07:49:55 PM
Oh, snap! Little bit of janky colouring in there, but...

Spoiler
skull! Rare time when an Alien actually ups a Predator.
[close]

>:(

Russ840

I really like issue 2.

Spoiler
The Alien is getting a real good showing against the Predator's in this issue.
[close]

happypred

Any other reason to like it? That's like saying Requiem is good cuz of Wolf's alien killcount

Russ840

Well I think there is plenty of reasons to like it.

What I wrote in spoiler tags was not the reason why I like this. It was an observation.

xxx

Well, I kinda liked it too, but just don't think they would need a ladder (ist here just for the plot..)

SuperiorIronman

Non-spoiler review of issue 2.

It's a pretty breezy read though that makes a lot of sense considering its only four issues long of a mini-series. It would probably read well in trade and frankly if this becomes the trend I'd prefer that Darkhorse puts out graphic novels than a single comic per-month. My issue primarily being that I'm left wanting more and I have to wait until next month to do so which can be both good and bad.

I do like the Alien getting the time to shine here since they tend to get their asses kicked, it feels kind of refreshing given that it's common to see Predators take them down hard.
There is also a few cameos on the ship specifically on the weapon wall I like. It's small but little continuity details like that are great.

Overall B+

Xiggz456

Another really cool issue!

Spoiler
I like how the first issue had the predators front and center wrecking shit and in this issue the alien reigned supreme.
[close]

Very nice balance between the two issues. Also Wheatley is such a great artist. His alien is phenomenal and his predators are second to none. Looking forward to next month's issue!

Corporal Hicks

I think I've just been going "oh, damn!" every few pages with both issues. There are some f**king fantastic panels in both issues so far. I really enjoyed the second issue. Wheatley's artwork continues to be top notch and I'm still liking Beredo's colouring too. I'm really digging the Aliens actually being competent in an AvP series because that usually doesn't happen.

Spoiler
Loved the scarred up Predator on the ship. Also loved that wrist mounted flamethrower. While I'm loving the Alien being useful, I'm also kinda like "awwww, he died." I love me some scarred up Predators doing damage. But after what happened to that Elder (another oh, damn) I'm wondering if we'll see him get into some good action at some point. Mechanical arm and leg, anyone?!
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed