Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 113,544 times)

Corporal Hicks

For nitpicks sake, I also don't think she was pre-teen, I took it to be she was teenaged. I believe there was also some dialogue about her working, or being off shift, so I assume she was actually staff on the ship.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2019, 03:14:36 PM
For nitpicks sake, I also don't think she was pre-teen, I took it to be she was teenaged. I believe there was also some dialogue about her working, or being off shift, so I assume she was actually staff on the ship.

She does part time elevator repair?  I assumed a teenage job like folding towels.  ;D

To me she looked about 12 based on the drawing but to be fair, that's all in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2019, 03:27:25 PM
She does part time elevator repair?  I assumed a teenage job like folding towels.  ;D

Well considering all she seems to be actually doing is turning on a verbal input to override the controls, I don't think it's too outrageous. She's obviously got enough clearance to do that.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2019, 03:40:59 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2019, 03:27:25 PM

Well considering all she seems to be actually doing is turning on a verbal input to override the controls, I don't think it's too outrageous. She's obviously got enough clearance to do that.

That's fair. It's still a little strange to me such embedded safety measures can be so easily overridden, but that's fair.

Either way, I liked it. Little nitpicky things that don't quite make sense to me I can fortunately, happily overlook and I always feel bad for the one's that can't.. the people who involuntarily get stuck on such things hurting their overall experience.

happypred

Spoiler

Caped predator's death was more embarrassing than "stupid"

I thought it was silly how the mom stood in front of the elevator door gap to deliver her lines instead of quickly getting into the elevator herself (she's more helpful to her daughter alive than dead) or leading the caped predator away from the elevator
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Dec 17, 2019, 05:25:12 AM
Spoiler

Caped predator's death was more embarrassing than "stupid"

I thought it was silly how the mom stood in front of the elevator door gap to deliver her lines instead of quickly getting into the elevator herself (she's more helpful to her daughter alive than dead) or leading the caped predator away from the elevator
[close]

Fair point!

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2019, 03:14:36 PM

She's fifteen and grown up working on the ship.

BetterThanKenobi83

Its an interesting set up and having kids as the leads and a synthetic one at that is an interesting take since Newt was such a big focus. Speaking of, has there been any synthetic kids shown in the Alien lore in any capacity or is this the first time ?

happypred

I did like caped predator's design apart from his wrist...swords.

Nice combo of Tracker and Elder

molasar

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: THICKER THAN BLOOD #4 cover

Spoiler
The action-packed finale! Maria and the Predator make their final, harrowing stand against the Alien. But in a pact with the Predator, safety is never guaranteed.
[close]

happypred

Unless that's a really misleading cover...kinda spoilerish innit?

Corporal Hicks

426Buddy

Issue one felt a bit strange to me, the way it started made me think I had missed the first part of the story or something. Then the Predators just rock up and start slicing and dicing a bunch of unarmed beach goers and crew. I guess we have to assume that these Preds are bad bloods? I hope its addressed at some point in the story.

The art is pretty good and the blood and gore is well done. Maybe a little more cartoony than I would have liked or expected but still pretty great.

Overall the whole setup feels a bit 90's but I'm excited to see where it goes.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 27, 2019, 02:57:09 PM
Issue one felt a bit strange to me, the way it started made me think I had missed the first part of the story or something. Then the Predators just rock up and start slicing and dicing a bunch of unarmed beach goers and crew. I guess we have to assume that these Preds are bad bloods? I hope its addressed at some point in the story.

The art is pretty good and the blood and gore is well done. Maybe a little more cartoony than I would have liked or expected but still pretty great.

Overall the whole setup feels a bit 90's but I'm excited to see where it goes.

One of the characters suspect they crossed into the Predators territory. While Bad bloods are very likely I don't think it would be out of the question for the species to be territorial. Sure that would conflict with what we know of them generally not attacking unarmed opponents, but we have known them to kill for reasons other than sport be it religious or clean-up operations.

The Xenomorph we see here also seems Human derived so it's possible they could see them as aggressors assuming they discovered the Xenomorph on their turf. 

SM

Quote from: BetterThanKenobi83 on Dec 20, 2019, 12:16:17 PM
Its an interesting set up and having kids as the leads and a synthetic one at that is an interesting take since Newt was such a big focus. Speaking of, has there been any synthetic kids shown in the Alien lore in any capacity or is this the first time ?

Viola in Alien Echo - though she is a teenager by the time we meet her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed