Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 113,475 times)

Corporal Hicks

I really enjoyed that first issue. The artwork is top notch IMHO. Some really f**king cool panels in this, especially when
Spoiler
the second Predator shows up, and that last page of the Alien.
[close]

Russ840

Totally man. Like I said.

Spoiler
Wheatley's Big Chap is amazing.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

I'll be stopping at the local CBS tonight and hopefully pick up a copy!

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2019, 12:14:39 PM
I really enjoyed that first issue. The artwork is top notch IMHO. Some really f**king cool panels in this, especially when
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Did you not think that the second predator had a real Anderson AVP look about it?
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

The Big Chap is the best Alien design after all.

Russ840

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 11, 2019, 02:54:35 PM
The Big Chap is the best Alien design after all.

No argument here :)

Corporal Hicks

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/review-the-cruise-from-hell-in-alien-versus-predator-thicker-than-blood/

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 11, 2019, 01:33:37 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Did you not think that the second predator had a real Anderson AVP look about it?
[close]

It gave me something of an Elder vibe.

Xiggz456

Wow that was a really good issue! Wheatley f**king knocked it out of the park with the art (as I knew he would)!

SuperiorIronman

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
The armor appears to be based off the AVP movies here. Both Predators carry a mixture of Scar and Wolf's gear with a few elements from Jungle Hunter's kit. Both of them also carry weapons or variants of them from those films like the extended wrist blades, whip (though here appearing more like an energy weapon but carries the same design), and mine bandoleer. The second Predator's cape I think also comes from AVP.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 11, 2019, 07:06:07 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
The armor appears to be based off the AVP movies here. Both Predators carry a mixture of Scar and Wolf's gear with a few elements from Jungle Hunter's kit. Both of them also carry weapons or variants of them from those films like the extended wrist blades, whip (though here appearing more like an energy weapon but carries the same design), and mine bandoleer. The second Predator's cape I think also comes from AVP.
[close]

Yeah, what really spoke AVP film to me was...

Spoiler
those way-too-long-you-got-to-be-kidding gauntlet blades.  Boy do I loathe thee so.
[close]

I did enjoy the issue though. I would have appreciated a deeper dive with Tyler though, specifically with...

Spoiler
the mom and dad perhaps fighting over if the artificial Tyler should distract the Predator so the "real" family could make a run for it.  But alas, that moment was only shallow puddle deep.
[close]

Still Collating...

happypred

Generally a good first issue

Spoiler

Mom and caped predator died kinda stupidly though
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Dec 16, 2019, 01:33:29 PM
Generally a good first issue

Spoiler

Mom and caped predator died kinda stupidly though
[close]

Spoiler
Do you mean the elevator shenanigans? It was a bit silly but I was alright with it.  :)
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I quite liked it myself. Must have been some serious weight and speed to do that.

Voodoo Magic

The silly part to me was, and maybe I have to go back and reread it, was how Tyler's human sister was capable of...

Spoiler
hacking and overriding the programming of a pleasure cruise elevator so quickly? Tyler I would get, because he's synthetic, but I doubt most pre-teens are trained on elevator technology, let alone equipped to override such a device they don't have access clearance to, allowing such a dangerous result.  :P
[close]

But I still liked it because, you know, it's nitpicking.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed