Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,189 times)

Russ840

Corporal Hicks

Okay, so we got ourselves a bad blood! I'd forgot Rain Beredo was doing the colouring. She'd done Dust to Dust. She actually compliments Wheatley's artwork quite well.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Ehh im actually not feeling the art on this and I really like Wheatley. Not sure if the bright coloring but it feels very cartoony, something I wasnt expecting.

I think i was expecting something closer to his work on Destroying Angels

SuperiorIronman

I'm always happy to see the whip again. Though my one complaint is that the head of the Predator is too big for that angle but for a Bad Blood just wrecking house I'm cool with it.

Voodoo Magic

We definitely have some evil behavior going down here!

Ultramorph

Looking good! Glad to have Wheatley back. Hopefully one day he gets to do a Prometheus book.

Still Collating...

Loving the look as of now, hope it stays that consistent.

Wysps

Glad some Bad Bloods (presuming) are making an appearance. On an alternate note, that preview already has me feeling bad for the kid  :-\

El Pistolero

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 06, 2019, 04:50:35 PM
Ehh im actually not feeling the art on this and I really like Wheatley. Not sure if the bright coloring but it feels very cartoony, something I wasnt expecting.

I think i was expecting something closer to his work on Destroying Angels

Compare this to Wheatleys work on Star Wars. There are worlds between. I think they payed him not the same money to do the details. I'm not sure whats wrong with Dark Horse, but they had done better artwork quality in the past.

But anyway. I'm looking forward for a new AVP Story. But I think storywise it will not be like the first Series. A Luxus Space Liner is not the best setting for a AvP Story.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm not anticipating it anymore after seeing the synopsis, first page and artwork, no offense to the artist I know his work elsewhere is excellent.

happypred

Has to be a bad blood, yeah? Slaughtering

Spoiler
old fat guy in the speedo and bikini lady

Spoiler

[close]

[close]

The art looks pretty good IMO actually. I've seen a lot worse.

RidgeTop

Pretty good tease.

I've always thought a luxury spacecraft would make for an interesting outbreak location.

Also, notice in the first panel the Predator ship is the same type from 'Predators.'

Corporal Hicks

The more Predators love the better IMHO. Is it me or does this Bad Blood like Kennerish too?

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, when it comes to the lore anyway.

Russ840

I really enjoyed this first issue.

Let me just say, as much as I loved Wheatley's Resurrection Aliens in 'Destroying Angles', man,  his Big Chap kicks its ass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed