Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,173 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Beats the hell out of any of Titan's cover art.

Corporal Hicks

Solicitations for February are out.

Spoiler
QuoteAliens vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood #3 (of 4)
Jeremy Barlow (W), Doug Wheatley (A), Rain Beredo (C), and Chun Lo (Cover)
On sale Feb 12
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Two kids, trapped aboard a crippled space liner with both a Predator and an Alien hunting them. They have only each other on which to depend, and getting even one of them out alive will require a sacrifice
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Sounds interesting if done right.

Monster Man

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2019, 06:46:37 AM

Spoiler
On sale Feb 12
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Two kids, trapped aboard a crippled space liner with both a Predator and an Alien hunting them. They have only each other on which to depend, and getting even one of them out alive will require a sacrifice
[close]

Wasn't it deemed illegal in the US to have depictions of children being killed? I remember reading that somewhere. Regardless, there was that one story where some kids played center characters and it ended with them beating up a Predator with a pipe.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Monster Man on Dec 01, 2019, 09:17:48 AM

Spoiler
On sale Feb 12
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

[close]

Wasn't it deemed illegal in the US to have depictions of children being killed? I remember reading that somewhere. Regardless, there was that one story where some kids played center characters and it ended with them beating up a Predator with a pipe.

You forget Sam in Requiem?

The Old One

The Old One

I'm trying to forget it.

Monster Man

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 01, 2019, 08:44:43 PM
Quote from: Monster Man on Dec 01, 2019, 09:17:48 AM

Spoiler
On sale Feb 12
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

[close]

You forget Sam in Requiem?

https://www.schnittberichte.com//www/SBs/996488/avp00024.jpg

I also forgot about IT as well. Perhaps the restriction isn't so tight on movies or books than it is on video games.

SuperiorIronman

Kids can be killed in film. No question and even with both Alien and Predator franchises, they went there. In the case of film you tend to see that in the more adult material anyways so with less restrictions being on an R-rated property it's not like you have to keep the kid alive, just that a lot of people do.

It's also worth noting that the people over at Darkhorse (at least as far as we know) don't answer to the same people Marvel or DC do. And even then both companies have killed off kids, DC in particular has a string of dead or murdered children. Jason Todd (one of the many Robin) was killed between as an older child or young teenager and while has gotten older since then, it was partially shocking because he was so young. There's also Lian Harper (who pretty definitively was a kid) who is shown to be a victim of a terror attack and we even see the body. Marvel was also noted in a few comic events to show kids actually getting nuked when Nitro exploded leading to Civil War which would then go onto inspire the Captain America movie.

No you can totally kill kids off in comics.

The Old One

The Old One

Only Aliens and Alien³ killed children, a lot in Aliens one in Alien³, Aliens off-screen and Alien³ on-screen, respectively.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 02, 2019, 01:05:30 AM
Kids can be killed in film. No question and even with both Alien and Predator franchises, they went there.

Unless I'm dumbly overlooking something, when did a child get killed in a Predator film? I know Alien and AvP did, but Predator?

The Old One

The Old One

Oh God, I completely forgot that in The Predator, the child was going to get "harvested" so, that is as close as it gets. Let me ruminate on the idiocy of that for a second.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 02, 2019, 09:16:32 PM
Oh God, I completely forgot that in The Predator, the child was going to get "harvested" so, that is as close as it gets. Let me ruminate on the idiocy of that for a second.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2a/7f/d5/2a7fd5191e1992b772190bbf6e73990b.jpg

One might think the Upgrade could just take a few vials of Rory's blood and be on its way.

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, because it was supposed to retroactively mean that the collection of trophies was for this reason. Oh who cares.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 03, 2019, 05:07:43 PM
Nah, because it was supposed to retroactively mean that the collection of trophies was for this reason. Oh who cares.

I'll go with your last sentence.  ;D

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 03, 2019, 05:07:43 PM

It's a different group of Predators each time and media since then hasn't touched on it. It's safe to say it's a one off.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 02, 2019, 03:17:17 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 02, 2019, 01:05:30 AM
Kids can be killed in film. No question and even with both Alien and Predator franchises, they went there.

Unless I'm dumbly overlooking something, when did a child get killed in a Predator film? I know Alien and AvP did, but Predator?

I counted AVP-R for both franchises seeing as both creatures of course are in it with the Alien specifically getting the kill (and indirectly caused by the crashed Predator ship). No kid in the solo Predator movies gets killed to my recollection, but in terms of the overall franchise it did happen in a Predator movie it just happened in the crossover. Outside of that it is implied to be canon as of The Predator and even if it wasn't it was still a movie with the Predator in a starring role that involves dead children. So at the end of the day both franchises due to the crossover already crossed that line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed