Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,960 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 30, 2019, 03:11:57 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 30, 2019, 02:38:09 PM
Biomechanical or go home.

This. Being biomechanical is the most important part for me. I can tolerate mandibles and dreads, just don't make it fleshy.

Can you tolerate egg barfing?

Samhain13

Not as a Predalien thing. Having an alternative method of reproduction for a p̶r̶a̶e̶t̶o̶r̶i̶a̶n̶ young/molting queen like Chet was before it could lay eggs isn't that bad in theory. But I would have preffered eggmorphing instead of eggbarfing, since the latter eliminates the need of eggs/facehuggers, making it too easy of an asspull to increase the aliens numbers.

It should have had setbacks that would make egg laying more effective in the end, start by removing the multiple bursters thing.

Voodoo Magic

I prefer the Voodoo Magic theory.  8)

Yautja mouth = Reproductive Organ

DNA Reflex. Predator DNA is dominant and exerts a greater influence over the Alien species than other species.

The Old One

The Old One

That idea is pure cringe, the Alien is always the dominant DNA presence. I don't think any species ought to exert more influence over the resulting Alien creature. It also contradicts the symbolic nature of the Alien, as a mockery of the species it rapes.

426Buddy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 30, 2019, 02:38:09 PM
Absolutely disgusting. No way.
Biomechanical or go home.
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 30, 2019, 04:10:30 PM
That idea is pure cringe, the Alien is always the dominant DNA presence. I don't think any species ought to exert more influence over the resulting Alien creature. It also contradicts the symbolic nature of the Alien, as a mockery of the species it rapes.

I agree with allll of this.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 30, 2019, 04:10:30 PM

Dominant?

Or Hybrid?  8)

HuDaFuK

I quite like the idea of a Predalien instinctively ripping out spinal columns, but to have it going around skinning people is a step too far for me. If nothing else, how the f*ck does it do it without tools?

The Old One

The Old One

The Alien is already shown to keep skeletons in the hive. That isn't far removed from the Predator's trophy wall really in my opinion. So I don't mind.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 30, 2019, 04:28:40 PM
I quite like the idea of a Predalien instinctively ripping out spinal columns, but to have it going around skinning people is a step too far for me. If nothing else, how the f*ck does it do it without tools?

Maybe it used tools....

The Old One

The Old One

Appropriate Halloween post, no one replied because we were all so horrified.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 01, 2019, 06:10:43 PM
Appropriate Halloween post, no one replied because we were all so horrified.

:laugh:

Or they just embraced it because the theory is so Voodoo Magical!

TheAlienKing66

Really looking foreward to this comic. In part because I really dug the art in Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels. The premise also intrigues me. Wouldn't it be interesting if they had the Alien assume the role of unlikely saviour?

happypred

I believe Wheatley also did the art of the comic version of Star Wars Episode III. It has a nice painted feel.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, good artist.

Monster Man

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed