NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,047 times)

ts124

ts124

Seems like old sculpt with new waist, legs, and tail. Love it though. Really hyped for the 1/4 scale big chap though.

newbeing

newbeing

I know they're doing the Alien and Amanda, but any word on the Working Joes? Would love to have a collection of the various versions of those androids.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Still need the runner, the Queen and would love me the amanda, Isolation Alien and working joes would be great indeed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Jul 04, 2015, 05:02:03 PM
I really hope the isolation alien is a whole new sculpt and not just an original alien with triple jointed legs.

Only human characters that have really fussed me have been the Marines and Kane. I'm not really liked any of the other sculpts so far.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

The only trouble with getting brand new sculpts is the enormous cost involved in creating them, especially compounded by the fact that it will only be used for one figure one time. I am completely alright, even as a collector, with them creating "new" characters off of old sculpts. Honestly I want this hobby to continue... NECA has really stepped up their game in the last years. We've come a long way from the old crappy (IMHO) McFarlane figs and AvPR/"Cult Classics" NECA days.

I know people are not complaining per se, but I realize some people are asking for wine on a beer budget.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 07, 2015, 01:59:00 PM
The only trouble with getting brand new sculpts is the enormous cost involved in creating them, especially compounded by the fact that it will only be used for one figure one time. I am completely alright, even as a collector, with them creating "new" characters off of old sculpts. Honestly I want this hobby to continue... NECA has really stepped up their game in the last years. We've come a long way from the old crappy (IMHO) McFarlane figs and AvPR/"Cult Classics" NECA days.

I know people are not complaining per se, but I realize some people are asking for wine on a beer budget.

I'll take everything back once the Kenner aliens start coming out, they can't exactly copy parts from a Mantis Alien or Gorilla Alien easily.
As for now, as an alien fan, collecting has been slow. (which is ok) but Besides the Queen and the Runner, there hasen't been much in terms of good xeno figs.

I'd also like to add, the AVP:R alien warrior from '08 that they did was awesome. Whether you like the design or the film or not, that fig has an awesome sculpt and amazing articulation.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I love it!  She comes with the revolver too, heh.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Niccceeee!!!

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/09/sdcc-2015-neca-aliens-and-predators-164776

Amanda and Stompy.

Kenner inspired AvP 2 set.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Wow! That red queen is seriously SEXY 8)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Just checked these out over on toy ark. Gotta say, their lineup this year is superb!

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Well dropping another 120 on this queen.

Is the Isolation alien that brown? Granted i never saw the guy for more than a few seconds in good light, but he seems to brown.
Still gonna get him though.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Was going to pass on the Isolation Alien wave, but I do like the light brown colour scheme.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I've not been happy with Neca for quite some time now.  At the beginning their figures were quality and I was happy with them.  Over time it's as if they have gotten sloppy and cheap.  It doesn't seem to be improving even though many have complained.  I guy I know had three replacement Predator figures from Neca themselves and all three replacements suffered the same issues.  The Neca Alien figures I do have I've left them unboxed and if I do purchase anymore will stay boxed.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 09, 2015, 08:23:00 PM
I've not been happy with Neca for quite some time now.  At the beginning their figures were quality and I was happy with them.  Over time it's as if they have gotten sloppy and cheap.  It doesn't seem to be improving even though many have complained.  I guy I know had three replacement Predator figures from Neca themselves and all three replacements suffered the same issues.  The Neca Alien figures I do have I've left them unboxed and if I do purchase anymore will stay boxed.
I agree for the most part, though my main gripe is with the repaints.
Honestly, i look at the queen and all i see is a repaint with a new head (only the face) and ribcage.
One part of me is pissed, other part is saying "i need this". Maybe i need more self control.

I can't wait for the Kenner alien line, they can't get lazy on those with all the different sculpts that will be involved. 

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I wouldn't say the brownish color scheme for Stompy is accurate to the game, but it is reminiscent of the depiction of the Alien in Calum Alexander Watt's concept art for the game:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed