The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,579 times)

KillCrites

Quote from: azamultic on May 16, 2018, 05:51:49 PM
KillCrites KNB did predators for movie Predators 2010.
Ohhh my bad then.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: dallevalle on May 16, 2018, 04:46:37 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 15, 2018, 06:34:41 PM
Never understood the fuss about ADI's mandibles... Ok they're weaker than Winston's we get it... Like it was the biggest problem of the AVP movies  :laugh:

are you telling me that this looks fine to you ?

Scar only looks bad when he's doing that stupid puppy dog eyes look. When he has his angry face on, he looks decent.

azamultic

Here I photoshoped/erased two upper teeth on the AVP Predator leader and I think he looks pretty bad ass.

http://prntscr.com/jis2or

KillCrites no probem man  ;)

Master

Quote from: KillCrites on May 16, 2018, 05:29:00 PM
I agree that the mandibles in both AvPs were bad but I think that ADI got it down in Predators.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/f7/Spoiler_3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100706165848

There was nearly no movement in Predators. Proportions where right but the whole action was off.

Huggs

The mandibles were an issue?

Highland

Quote from: Master on May 16, 2018, 08:37:15 PM
I agree that the mandibles in both AvPs were bad but I think that ADI got it down in Predators.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/f/f7/Spoiler_3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100706165848

There was nearly no movement in Predators. Proportions where right but the whole action was off.

Yeah , it was close in look , but it looked like a robot prop, the movement was all sharp flicks, like somebody was just flicking a remote control to make them move.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 16, 2018, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 15, 2018, 06:34:41 PM
Never understood the fuss about ADI's mandibles... Ok they're weaker than Winston's we get it... Like it was the biggest problem of the AVP movies  :laugh:

are you telling me that this looks fine to you ?

Ok they're weaker than Winston's we get it

Its not about being weaker than Winstons, its a straight up bad effect and its distracting because it looks fake and silly.

Not to rag on adi, they had a shitload of work to do on that film. For the most part they did a good job.

Highland

I honestly think the creature design is such a massive part of it for us fans. Even if it's a little off, it's hard to wrap your head around, thats for both creatures. Wolf was the closest anyone got, but even his mandibles were a bit off.

Wysps

Aside from the mandibles, I don't remember the coloring being so harsh in Predators.  Was he always that yellow?  He looks way jaundiced...

ace3g

#120 days till The Predator.

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on May 17, 2018, 12:49:01 AM

Aside from the mandibles, I don't remember the coloring being so harsh in Predators.  Was he always that yellow?  He looks way jaundiced...

It's the lighting/fire that's making the yellow look more intense.

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on May 17, 2018, 01:07:03 AM
Quote from: Wysps on May 17, 2018, 12:49:01 AM

It's the lighting/fire that's making the yellow look more intense.

Gotcha, that makes much more sense.  Don't remember it looking that way in the movie, but I could be mistaken.

Scorpio

That is quality work.  I'm being serious.  Say what you will about the design, but the animatronics are awesome.

That looks terrible, the mouth is agape like he can't close his mouth (the inner mouth, not the mandibles).  I don't know why people think this is better.

Plus it looks nowhere near as good as Winston's Predator, which it is trying to copy.

SiL

I think all the Predators have looked successively worse since the first movie, which is worrying since the original was a rush job. None of the others ever looked as organic and alive again.

Some think it's nitpicky to go on about things like mandibles, but it's the title freakin' character. If it looks off or looks silly or is distractingly bad, it's going to bring the film down. And not just for fans, but the general audience as well. The idea that there are people who go to a movie called Predator (or whatever variation) and don't pay attention to the look of the thing is ... I don't even know what you'd call it.

D88M

D88M

I really do hope there is a resemblance of a good movie somewhere in this, so far it looks stupid, and they took many aesthetic choices from the AVP movies, which of course is not a good sign at all

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2018, 03:52:06 AM
I think all the Predators have looked successively worse since the first movie, which is worrying since the original was a rush job. None of the others ever looked as organic and alive again.

Some think it's nitpicky to go on about things like mandibles, but it's the title freakin' character. If it looks off or looks silly or is distractingly bad, it's going to bring the film down. And not just for fans, but the general audience as well. The idea that there are people who go to a movie called Predator (or whatever variation) and don't pay attention to the look of the thing is ... I don't even know what you'd call it.

True, in AVP, AVPR and Predators they all looked awful, i know Winstons was the master of his craft, but it is really THAT difficult to make a decent Predator? It has been more than 20 years from the first one!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed