Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 78,615 times)

Nukiemorph

426Buddy

I thought the makeup was obvious and bit fake but it really doesn't bother me much.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Some shots he looked great to me. Others, not so much. I think the biggest disconnect to me, as of the time of Prometheus' release, was not seeing a young Weyland in the film to justify the use of Pearce as an old man. Covenant smoothed that out for me to some degree.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah. There are some shots when it doesn't look so fake.

irn

irn

I'd love there to be a follow up to Alien 3, but it doesn't need Ripley. Her story arc ended perfectly in 3. Resurrection is set so far in the future that it doesn't matter all that much what you do before it. It was like an offshoot film that you could take it or leave from canon as you saw fit. Resurrection didn't affect anything really, and I don't think it needs a sequel.

I'd take something like Sigourney playing an older 'Ripley' who is actually secretly an android used to fake the LV-426 mission returning and saying everything is hunky dory to investors and that they should send more colonists to check out a specific grid reference... Probably a bit convoluted but I'll fight any attempts to retcon Alien 3 from "Alien films MUST HAVE Ripley" fanatics!

Kradan

Necronomicon II

Lol complaints about the xeno being terrestrialized now  :D It always was just by virtue of being  parasites compatible with earth mammals, they're still wholly Other/shoggoths at their root, just sexualised.  ;D 8)

As for all this, yeah I don't know, I much prefer something really weird, provocative and bold, or have a showdown with Ripz and David, that'd be neat. ;D

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 20, 2020, 08:20:26 AM
As for all this, yeah I don't know, I much prefer something really weird, provocative and bold, or have a showdown with Ripz and David, that'd be neat. ;D

That could be solved with a Rap Battle!

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: irn on Jun 19, 2020, 11:28:24 PM
I'd take something like Sigourney playing an older 'Ripley' who is actually secretly an android used to fake the LV-426 mission returning and saying everything is hunky dory to investors and that they should send more colonists to check out a specific grid reference.
That's actually not a bad idea. Very "Aliens: Earth War" of you.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Jun 22, 2020, 08:24:38 PM
Quote from: irn on Jun 19, 2020, 11:28:24 PM
I'd take something like Sigourney playing an older 'Ripley' who is actually secretly an android used to fake the LV-426 mission returning and saying everything is hunky dory to investors and that they should send more colonists to check out a specific grid reference.
That's actually not a bad idea. Very "Aliens: Earth War" of you.

In truth, Prometheus opened the door to the "it was a dream" path when it introduced the implanted hyperspace dreams technology that David "watched." Very easy to take that and add to it that David or WY is keeping Ripley alive in hypersleep while implanting dreams and maybe using her body or something. The film is a bit unclear but in the 'making of' they do explain that these dreams David is watching are implanted as a way to keep the brain functioning or something like that. It always stuck out like a sore thumb to me, and suddenly I am wondering if the studio didn't ask for that to be included so they could open the door for an option like this. I personally don't like the idea of any sequels being discounted as dreams, but the technology exists in Prometheus, to easily elaborate upon.

https://scifiinterfaces.com/2012/11/21/neuro-visor/

SM

Shaw's dreams in Prometheus are things that actually happened.

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Jun 25, 2020, 10:11:06 PM
Shaw's dreams in Prometheus are things that actually happened.

Yes but the dreams were implanted to keep her brain functioning.  Thats all you need to elaborate on skippy.

SM

They were recorded from her dreams then played back - according to Ridley and not even properly established in the film.

What would be the purpose of creating two detailed sets of events that never happened?

Perfect-Organism

I agree, there is no purpose to the dream-style retcon.  Either do the full retcon or don't bother.  There is no try.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed