Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 78,638 times)

judge death

Well the xenos are wiped out as they died on auriga so dunno how she would be able to talk to aliens.... But Im sure she will mutate as her alien dna do its thing, maybe she is the villlain and starts a new line of xenomorphs and she is their queen or something? :P

Gentleman Death

Quote from: judge death on Sep 16, 2020, 05:39:02 PM
Well the xenos are wiped out as they died on auriga so dunno how she would be able to talk to aliens.... But Im sure she will mutate as her alien dna do its thing, maybe she is the villlain and starts a new line of xenomorphs and she is their queen or something? :P

Or she ends up getting pregnant! How and what would the baby/alien be like...

maddriver

maddriver

I for one always imagined that if there was going to be another way to get xeno specimens after Resurrection, it would be some spaceship finding a cocoon form of the queen from Aliens drifting in some remote region of space. The cocoon form (protective shell) could be a way for the queen to survive the vacuum of space, while also being in some state of hibernation. They take it aboard without first knowing what it is and bring it to a populated space (science) station.

Then somehow the queen is "unfrozen" and comes back to her original form and starts laying eggs and wreaking havok. Due to Ripley8's proximity and her telepathic abilities, she is dragged closer and closer to the location of the queen. Eventually her mind becomes twisted by the queen's presence and she might or might not turn on the human inhabitants, while also fighting the queen for supremacy.

By the end of it the queen is defeated, but Ripley8 is transformed, both physically and psihically and her former human allies have no choice but to bring her down, in a last ditch effort to rid the galaxy of the xeno presence forever. So you could then say that Ripley lived long enough to become the villain.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2020, 01:48:55 PM
I can confirm Hill's new script is real. It also, very likely, won't get made. Blame the Company. I can't say more, really.

Say more tho, post it anonymously or something.

BlueMarsalis79

Just fyi y'all not much to it unfortunately.

judge death

I presume you somehow have found the script and read it?

BlueMarsalis79

I mean in terms of information.

BigDaddyJohn

That would be something I love to get my hands on.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: El Pistolero on Jun 11, 2020, 05:59:38 PM
Riplay died in Alien 3. She had a perfect story and a perfect Ending.

I think the best way to continue is a really good Sequel to Covenant.

I completely agree.

Ripley's sacrifice in Alien3 is diminished when she is brought back, a la Alien Resurrection. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The relevant excerpt from the article:

Quote48 Hours was the only film of yours you ever directed a sequel to, but you produced all the Aliens films, one of the most important sci-fi franchises of all time. Sigourney Weaver is going to be in Venice this year too [with Paul Schrader film Master Gardener]. Any chance of you two getting together and planning a return of Ripley for Aliens 5?

We took a shot at that a couple of years back with Sigourney. But that was back when Aliens was still at Fox. The people at Disney, who now control Aliens, have expressed no interest in going down that road. I had an idea for a good story with the Ripley character and Sigourney. But I do hope to see her in Venice.

Interesting. Would be curious to see what was in this treatment/draft, for sure. I do agree with moving on from Ripley, though.

What's also interesting is that his pitch predates Disney; I thought it came afterwards, but after going back and looking back at the timeframe Sigourney was talking about in the first post of this thread, yeah, this definitely would have been written before the acquisition fully went through. I guess Fox must have really been fielding Alien pitches before their acquisition, huh? This, Blomkamp's, Hawley's, and even Fede's pitch to Ridley Scott goes back to the Fox days.

Kradan

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 02, 2022, 04:20:12 PMSo Walter's claiming Disney has no interest in more Ripley.

Good

BlueMarsalis79

That's honestly good to hear.

Nukiemorph

Agreed. It's just nice to get clarification.

When we first heard about this pitch, I got the impression that Sigourney shot it down because she wasn't impressed with it. That may have happened as well, but it's good to know where Disney stands on the issue.

KiramidHead

That's an improvement from how Fox was crowbarring Ripley connections into seemingly everything for a few years there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed