Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 78,615 times)

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 27, 2020, 08:32:06 PM
More Aliens post-Alien 3 are fine by me, so long as, by the end of the story, WY has no way left to obtain them. I would personally like to see WY's continued efforts to get their hands on a specimen after the third film ultimately factor in to them shutting down operations entirely, thus opening the door for the USM to swoop in and have no choice but to resort to using Ripley's DNA now that that technology is there.
Yeah, this works for me. As long as Ripley's sacrifice is still meaningful. So I hope they don't ignore Alien 3 by still having WY obtain lots of Xenos and all that.

D. Compton Ambrose

Like a user said earlier, could easily pick up where David left off and showcase the method in which the xenomorphs become "biomechanized," so-to-speak, and add more context to the corporation's motives for wanting to "weaponize" them.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 27, 2020, 03:18:35 PM
Aliens: Colonial Marines is hardly indicative of the best way to reboot the franchise. :D

I much prefer the idea that the Derelict was lost when the atmosphere processor exploded. Ripley and company wouldn't have just left LV-426 if it was out of range of the explosion. And, assuming Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection still count in this hypothetical reboot, Weyland-Yutani (and, eventually, the USM) putting all their stock in Ripley's embryo would be pretty silly if they know that there's just a whole stash of eggs on LV-426.

And yet it is even more silly that they would build a station like this so close to the derelict.   ::)

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 27, 2020, 09:13:19 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 27, 2020, 08:32:06 PM
More Aliens post-Alien 3 are fine by me, so long as, by the end of the story, WY has no way left to obtain them. I would personally like to see WY's continued efforts to get their hands on a specimen after the third film ultimately factor in to them shutting down operations entirely, thus opening the door for the USM to swoop in and have no choice but to resort to using Ripley's DNA now that that technology is there.
Yeah, this works for me. As long as Ripley's sacrifice is still meaningful. So I hope they don't ignore Alien 3 by still having WY obtain lots of Xenos and all that.

If we accept the Cold Forge as canon, then the company clearly has found the aliens elsewhere...

SM

Alex White reckoned those specimens came from LV-426.

Gazz

https://twitter.com/tprstly/status/1305069623604322304

Have no idea what this means. Seems an established futurist writer is teasing some connection to Alien V (maybe?). Could be just a freelance consultation on Brandywine's part or something.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Alien 3 fans - sweat profusely.

P.S.Alien: Vaccination :)

judge death

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 13, 2020, 11:43:29 AM
Alien 3 fans - sweat profusely.

P.S.Alien: Vaccination :)
Feeling pretty safe as its Hill writing the script, and he is one of the guys who saved alien 3, so I doubt he will retcon it out of existance. But I can be wrong.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wait what now???

I very much doubt any of this, and I'm sure it is all conjecture on that guy's part. I don't know who he is and he doesn't seem to have any relation to any of this. But now there's a small part of me almost wondering if Ridley has some alternate Aliens sequel written by Walter Hill that also uses continues David's up his sleeve. :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 13, 2020, 02:07:43 PM
But now there's a small part of me almost wondering if Ridley has some alternate Aliens sequel written by Walter Hill that also uses continues David's up his sleeve. :D

He mentions Scott in the comments:

Quote from: Theo PriestleyNo, this is Scott's movie. Neill's was canned a long time ago.

https://twitter.com/tprstly/status/1305129784259862528

Also some Alien Nostromo art on his page although this is clearly labelled "fan art" so I don't think it has any connection:

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, definitely looks like he just stumbled upon the Brandywine page and, in light of Ridley making some comments in that recent RBW interview about another Alien film, mistakenly assumed they were the same project.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, haven't found any connection between him and Scott Free or Brandywine yet.

Interestingly, he is followed by Alien Covenant concept artist Wayne Haag.

TheBATMAN

Perhaps this is what Ridley was hinting at when he said the next movoe possibly wouldnt follow Prometheus and Covenant? Hill and Giler will still have some clout over the franchise if they choose to get more actively involved im sure.

T Dog

My pitch: Make a sequel to Covenant and a sequel to Resurrection, in the same movie.

Ripley 8 travels to a planet where David 8 has been doing his experiments for centuries (or whatever amount of time is necessary for the timelines to converge).

Drukathi

Quote from: T Dog on Sep 13, 2020, 05:20:55 PM
My pitch: Make a sequel to Covenant and a sequel to Resurrection, in the same movie.

Ripley 8 travels to a planet where David 8 has been doing his experiments for centuries (or whatever amount of time is necessary for the timelines to converge).

Good point. It will also save us from the forced path of the "Alien prequel".

T Dog

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 13, 2020, 06:05:44 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Sep 13, 2020, 05:20:55 PM

Good point. It will also save us from the forced path of the "Alien prequel".

To further what I said. David 8 is on "Planet Giger". Bring back the Space Jockeys. Convey that the Engineers stole their tech.
Have a circle of creator beings (one of which is the Jockey) who are styled differently but with a similar aesthetic like the Cenobites are in Hellraiser.

End both series in ONE movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed