Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 78,620 times)

j0nesy

i would hope that this teasing would lead to learning a bit more, if it's even just a few pages

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: marrerom on Jun 17, 2020, 03:13:32 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 17, 2020, 12:48:24 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Jun 16, 2020, 10:53:48 PM
Either make a straight up sequel to Resurrection or go home. I'm sick of people ignoring continuity so that can make "the true sequel" to Terminator 2  Aliens.

At least, in the case of Terminator when they pulled this, nothing after T2 was worth anything.  ;)

Eh, I maintain that T3 and Salvation are miles better then what when got with Genisys and Dark Fate. Look at the state of the Terminator series now. They kept trying to reset the series with sequels that ignored continuity, and now the franchise is dead like never before.

It's a time travel series, they could actually find a way to make all those realities work as possible branches of time navigated by technology.

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 17, 2020, 07:42:57 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Jun 17, 2020, 03:13:32 AM
Eh, I maintain that T3 and Salvation are miles better then what when got with Genisys and Dark Fate. Look at the state of the Terminator series now. They kept trying to reset the series with sequels that ignored continuity, and now the franchise is dead like never before.

What about Predator? This series of films keeps continuity! And the result is the same as with the Terminator! I want to say for sure - it doesn't matter whether continuity is supported or not. Endless retcons and reboots don't matter - only the quality of the films! And let's be honest - to make the film a quality higher than Alien 3 - the task is quite simple.

Well said.  Retcon of not, what matters is film quality.

This is exciting.  I will say that.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2020, 09:05:23 PM
I don't have this, wish I did. All I have left to cover on my show AVP-wise is the Briggs script. I done run out of Alien and Predator stuff. :laugh:

I bet this and the Blomkamp's Alien V must be like the Lost Ark of Alien scripts.  :o

MarineHicks023

MarineHicks023

I am sure Alien V is gonna happen pretty soon. Disney got 20th-century fox in order to make money, not to keep it on the shelf.  This means Weaver can bring more money if she is in the film than a random female protagonist.

In other words, my guess is the will do what Sigourney says in order to make her star in the movie. And all of this gonna happen really soon.

Drukathi

Well, in the last month we have received a lot of Alien vibes. Though for different movies, but I'm sure that the studios are now specifically starting to make a hype.

Janek

Would love to see our big chap on the big screen again.

Nukiemorph

I love Alien 3 and have nostalgia for Resurrection, but I admit it's a little enticing to render them hyper-sleep dreams to fix:
-the change in design of the Sulaco and cryo tubes
-the unexplained Sulaco egg we've been arguing about for 28 years
-Resurrection's overall weirdness in general
-the fact that most EU is hard to justify after General Perez's comments

I also just want this IP to be popular and successful again. If bringing Ripley back for a colonial marine fan-service wankfest is what it takes, maybe it's needed. It also seems like the path Disney would most likely want to take. But unless Hill or Blomkamp have some unique, weird, bold ideas wrapped up in their pitches, this would feel like selling out.

Ridley's path feels bold and new. I'd rather continue with that.

MaxDuNord

If everything after Alien was a dream Ripley could be reunited with Amanda  ;D

Drukathi

Quote from: MaxDuNord on Jun 18, 2020, 01:14:30 PM
If everything after Alien was a dream Ripley could be reunited with Amanda  ;D

If everything after Alien was a dream, then Amanda would also be a dream.

marrerom

I remember reading somewhere that the planned  sequels to Alien Resurrection involved a space jockey invasion of earth using the Alien's as weapons, followed by a earth counter attack on the space jockey home world, and that Ripley #8's connection to the Alien's would be a key factor in humanity's eventual victory. Those plans have obviously been shelved but I admit that i would love to something similar get made now. Especially in light of how Prometheus and Covenant expanded mythology of the space jockey.

MaxDuNord

MaxDuNord

Quote from: marrerom on Jun 18, 2020, 02:51:57 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the planned  sequels to Alien Resurrection involved a space jockey invasion of earth using the Alien's as weapons, followed by a earth counter attack on the space jockey home world, and that Ripley #8's connection to the Alien's would be a key factor in humanity's eventual victory. Those plans have obviously been shelved but I admit that i would love to something similar get made now. Especially in light of how Prometheus and Covenant expanded mythology of the space jockey.

Indeed. This is a quite good summary: https://youtu.be/0fGYNUbQUlw

Hudson

I think this is cool news. I lean towards wanting a sequel to AR rather than retconning, because that just contributes to everything getting convoluted. I'm always a fan of more Ripley.

razeak

It's not "ignoring films" that is causing bad T2 sequels. It's just bad writing.  Dark Fate was the best sequel to T2. IMO. Salvation didn't have a villain, and didn't know what to do with Marcus or John.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on Jun 18, 2020, 07:40:19 PM
Dark Fate was the best sequel to T2.

That's not saying much.

Rankles75

There were no sequels to T2...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed