Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 104,602 times)

Alienseseses

Oh yeah- forgot about that part. Thanks.

ThisBethesdaSea

Was Hurt the first choice? Now that I've never heard....not that it isn't true....was this information in the bluray boxed set?

Kol

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 08, 2012, 05:05:40 AM
Was Hurt the first choice? Now that I've never heard....not that it isn't true....was this information in the bluray boxed set?

QuoteJohn Hurt was Ridley Scott's first choice to play Kane in Alien, but Hurt was committed to filming in South Africa and had to turn down the part. Jon Finch, who had risen to fame both as a theatre actor in Britain and in lead roles in Zeffirelli's Romeo And Juliet (1969), Polanski's Macbeth (1970) and Hitchcock's Frenzy (1972), stepped in. On the first day of shooting, Finch fell ill with the cameras on him, appearing to turn yellow and lifeless. Ridley Scott stopped the shot and had to get Finch helped out of his navigator's chair on the Nostromo set. Sent off to hospital, the actor was diagnosed with diabetes. Scott spent that evening talking a now-returned John Hurt into the part at his Hampstead home, and went on to work with Finch again in Kingdom Of Heaven (2005). The shot where Finch fell ill is included, with the actor's permission, on the Alien Quadrilogy extras, though I don't know if that was the only thing he filmed.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/196336/7_missing_performances_id_like_to_see.html

wasn't at the time a confusing between john hurt, the actor & john hurt, politician(?). and that was the reason why he wasn't allowed to go to the set in england?
on the blu-ray set it ws mentiones something like that.

Valaquen

Quote from: Weezus Christ on Jan 07, 2012, 11:53:23 PM
the difference is that i posted ideas for consideration and i got a ton of "NO THATS WRONG" with little or nothing to back it up.

the best retort ive gotten was "the whole internet is wrong, this one book is right and thats proven!"
That is absolutely not the response you were given. If you can't conduct a dialogue with others, then don't bother. Saves us the trouble.

Weezus Christ

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2012, 01:43:34 AM
Hurt was the first choice -- or at least, asked before Finch. Couldn't do it. They got Finch. He got sick, Hurt freed up.

Everybody's right. He was first choice and a late addition. The two aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

and that is what everything ive seen has said.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 08, 2012, 08:16:41 AM
That is absolutely not the response you were given. If you can't conduct a dialogue with others, then don't bother. Saves us the trouble.

OH REALLY?

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 07, 2012, 04:00:13 PM
Quote from: Weezus Christ on Jan 07, 2012, 03:32:55 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 06, 2012, 06:14:34 PM
The wiki report is quite frankly....wrong, as is so much on the internet. I'm reading A L I E N vault and it also backs up the claim that John Hurt was a last minute addition to the film.

prove it.
It's been done. Frankly, you're acting the child. Either contribute to the forum or leave.

Super glad to see you ignored the other user's post relating the discussion to go back to insulting my character and telling me to leave.

lol. but yes, PLEASE dont reply to me. I'm tired of your sass.

Xenomorphine

Weezus... No.

Just no.

Be respectful, please. If you can't do that and keep getting sarcastic/passive-aggressive, then with respect, steps shall be taken.

Valaquen

Banhammer'd. We can all go back to getting along :)

What were we talking about, again? :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

About how this is Mission to Mars but in the Alien universe?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2012, 01:43:34 AM
Hurt was the first choice -- or at least, asked before Finch. Couldn't do it. They got Finch. He got sick, Hurt freed up.

Everybody's right. He was first choice and a late addition. The two aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

The only new revelation is that Finch reveals on the Blu-Ray that he wasn't quite suffering from the illness that they thought he was suffering from

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 08, 2012, 05:05:40 AM

It should be found in Disc Five which has the Truckers in Space Documentary

OpenMaw

What was he suffering from then?  ???

psychonaut25

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 08, 2012, 01:46:01 PM

http://th295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/Rikuo86/Meme/th_spray_trollface_copy.png

Mission to mars is quite retarded movie....

bobcunk

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jan 09, 2012, 12:06:35 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 08, 2012, 01:46:01 PM

http://th295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/Rikuo86/Meme/th_spray_trollface_copy.png

Mission to mars is quite retarded movie....
ya but it looked great and had realistic technology.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 08, 2012, 11:26:20 PM

Finch says that after three days he had "an extremely bad bronchile attack" whatever that is.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jan 09, 2012, 07:29:37 PM
Finch says that after three days he had "an extremely bad bronchile attack" whatever that is.

Asthma.

-Chris

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 09, 2012, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jan 09, 2012, 07:29:37 PM

Asthma.

-Chris

and it seemed to be something that he never suffered from before

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed