New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jul 16, 2015, 07:16:11 PM

Author
New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art (Read 40,270 times)

Mr. Clemens

Non-sequitur: just wanna nominate MrSpaceJockey for coolest avatar and sig. Carry on.  8)

MrSpaceJockey

;D ;D ;D thanks mate

Corporal Hicks

I've just updated this picture in our Alien 5 gallery with the fullsize one: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=346

maddriver

Looking at side by side comparisons of two pictures, I believe that the cocooned man is actually Hicks. It does seem to resemble his face, hence Ripley's shock.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It looked more like the facial features of those two/three Engineer-looking personages.

And if they have got some Engineer DNA in them, that could also explain why those two and the cocooned one is bald.

In fact, with a closer look at the two featured on the above picture, they seem to be wearing the same suit of armour as the one standing in the foreground.

Ultramorph

It will definitely be interesting to see how much of Prometheus creeps into Alien 5.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The less it does the better.

NickisSmart

Well, that seems a tad harsh. Though I seem to recall seeing on here an interview with Blomkamp with him saying that he wouldn't step on the toes of Prometheus 2? Not sure what that means, though.

Kel G 426

Blomkamp had to adjust his idea to account for Prometheus after the concept art was released, so I doubt that any influence from that film is intentional.

Engineer

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 31, 2015, 03:15:20 AM
Blomkamp had to adjust his idea to account for Prometheus after the concept art was released, so I doubt that any influence from that film is intentional.
Maybe no intentional influences from Prometheus 2, but there could still be from Prometheus 1...

Kel G 426

Let me put it this way, those people are NOT Engineers or Engineer hybrids.  Speculating otherwise is just a distraction at this point, imo.

Engineer

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 31, 2015, 03:50:06 AM
Let me put it this way, those people are NOT Engineers or Engineer hybrids.  Speculating otherwise is just a distraction at this point, imo.
I completely agree. I think it's just an artifact of the artistic style. Just saying in general that the movie could potentially contain Prometheus influences as a result of the first film... But I don't see the concept art that way at all. :-)

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. They're just background characters with less detail. I seriously doubt they are intended to be Engineers.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 31, 2015, 03:50:06 AM
Let me put it this way, those people are NOT Engineers or Engineer hybrids. Speculating otherwise is just a distraction at this point, imo.

I still say that the basic facial similarities, mostly black eyes and carbon copy baldness may be an indicator of something. Some kind of partial Engineer influence would make sense, considering the presence of a recovered derelict craft.

And I also think the similarity to the cocooned/melting figure's head means it's one of those same humanoid figures.

There's actually a surprising amount of small details in that concept art, if they're just meant to be generic figures (who should be depicted with hair if they're just random humans).

It's as relevant a speculative theory as anything else. :) More so when factoring in the wrecked craft.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 31, 2015, 03:57:36 PM
I still say that the basic facial similarities, mostly black eyes and carbon copy baldness may be an indicator of something. Some kind of partial Engineer influence would make sense, considering the presence of a recovered derelict craft.

Here is a high contrast version that clearly shows human eyes on the left figure. It also looks like he has a buzz-cut. The eyes of the bloke on the right is probably in shadow.

QuoteAnd if they have got some Engineer DNA in them, that could also explain why those two and the cocooned one is bald.

Didn't Prometheus say human and Engineer DNA are exactly the same?  Something like "DNA Match 100%"?  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed