Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,316 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 02, 2021, 01:17:51 PM
Quote from: EJA on Apr 02, 2021, 11:04:11 AM
With Marvel's Predator series looking like it's possibly cancelled, could the same thing happen to Alien?

Assuming this is true and not an April fools prank,
The article I saw said the predator series was delayed, not cancelled. It also says that people's orders have been cancelled (orders, not the series) which isn't that uncommon with a significant delay; it'll kind of depend on the region and vendor. I had a book I preordered once get cancelled on me after it was delayed, but all I needed to do was go back in and re-place the order.

Great! now I'm the dummy :laugh:

EJA

EJA

Yep, I was right.

Dachande

Quote from: EJA on Apr 02, 2021, 04:13:13 PM
Yep, I was right.

I mean, you weren't. You were saying it had been cancelled, which is very different than delayed.

Engineer

Quote from: EJA on Apr 02, 2021, 04:13:13 PM
Yep, I was right.
Delayed. Not cancelled.

Perfect-Organism

So, I read the new Alien comic and I am happy to see that Salvador Larroca is doing the art.  He did an outstanding job with the Darth Vader series at Marvel.  I loved how he used the sculpt of Vader's helmet as the basis for his illustrations, ensuring that Vader looks tight in every scene.  It looks like we are seeing more of that in the new Alien series with the critters getting the same effect.  I'm ok with it.  As long as it is not a question of tracing existing art, why not?

The only thing that bugs me is the "Sil" alien she-creature that we are shown early in the comic.  I really hope this will not be a direction that we will be subjected to as something that is more than just a dream.  I like my aliens without a humanesque queen thank you.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to issue 2.

BlueMarsalis79

Because it's pathetic, that's why not, tracing action figures- and leaving their joints visible? It's laughable.

SM

SM

This is same guy who left a Deviantart logo that he traced in some comic though, isn't it?

Shouldn't expect too much.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah from Kilian Plunkett, to James Stokoe to Doug Wheatley to this, it is truly dire.

Engineer

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 12, 2021, 05:00:32 AM
Yeah from Kilian Plunkett, to James Stokoe to Doug Wheatley to this, it is truly dire.
Damn I want Stokoe back :-/

Bobski

What's really depressing is that Marvel don't care about the artistic integrity of their books, and judging from the sales figures neither do their fan base.  If Marvel did care, the likes of Greg Land and Salvador Larroca would not be getting work. 

judge death

Lot of hardcore star wars fans are just as pissed off at star wars art made by him, getting the helmet and details wrong and traced from star wars toys and ships from fans on deviantart etc. Not just alien comics this artist is doing cheap trace jobs for and using himself for charachters etc, quite lame artist who never done real art without tracing off photos and objects.

Sabres21768

If that's all it takes to be a high profile comic artist, then I'm switching jobs.

Just kidding by the way.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed