The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 62,524 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 16, 2021, 11:07:06 PM
Did you agree to disagree?
Absolutely, all the time.

Edit-- actually anyone who disagrees with me is a filthy heretic and has strayed from the Emperor's holy light, and must be purged with cleansing fire.  >:(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It was becoming exhausting and had zero chance of either party convincing the other, so why bother?

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 16, 2021, 11:30:47 PM
Edit-- actually anyone who disagrees with me is a filthy heretic and has strayed from the Emperor's holy light, and must be purged with cleansing fire.  >:(

This, except I'm actually right.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2021, 09:08:33 PM

It was becoming exhausting and had zero chance of either party convincing the other, so why bother?

Because it was entertaining me! >:(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2021, 09:08:33 PM

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 16, 2021, 11:30:47 PM

This, except I'm actually right.
Um actually after much quiet reflection and introspection I believe you'll find that I'm right.

Shasvre

Shasvre

All of GW's painting videos are quite pleasant to watch, but Duncan might just be my favorite and his own channel is great.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'll be preordering the Sororitas combat patrol box, I'm looking forward to it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Shouldn't CB order it too?

[cancerblack]

Shasvre

Shasvre

I finished reading The Talon of Horus and Black Legion by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. Solid stuff. Gonna try to pick up Helsreach next - in time for the upcoming Black Templar release.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The first miniatures I've assembled and begun painting in a very long time. I would have prefered a Retributor Armour spray undercoat - but apparently GW is not allowed to ship that over here. Two guys on the left is a black undercoat, the one on the right a white undercoat, just to see which works best. Gold is from Army Painter, but I don't think it covers the model all that well (this is two, thinne down coats). But I read afterwards you need to shake it for a really long time.

But it's fun to get started at least. :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The AP golds are pretty shit, but so are the GW ones. Look for Vallejo, they should be able to sell you sprays too (no brexit issues).

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah, Vallejo are available here, but no gold spray though. Not that I'm going to paint a whole lot of Stormcast after this box, but it would be nice. But I've heard good things about their range. I'm gonna try drybrushing with some gold too. The flatter areas are where the paint won't really take as well and I wonder if drybrushing would make it stick better. :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Honestly, I'm so fed up with the shittyness of various gold paints that I just use silver and yellow/orange inks at this point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed