Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,256 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Oct 08, 2018, 08:17:21 PM
My favorite line was "Nice outfit, isn't Halloween in October?" When the whole film is set right after AVP which took place on October 10th, 2004. The incompetence of this movie is mind blowing. :laugh:

Be honest. Did you spot that yourself or did Decker Shado's YouTube review raise this hilarious goof.

Either way best AVP-R review on YouTube well worth a watch.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 08, 2018, 09:13:01 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 08, 2018, 10:20:51 AM
"The government doesn't lie to people" or" People are dying, we need guns"

I think Colin said here that those lines were suppose to be a joke, it was suppose to make people laugh. Having funny lines is one thing, cringe and stupid is another. Those might have been added by the directors.

The character who said the "government" line was the worst actor in the movie period. Irritating and unnecessary.

I got to admit though the "people are dying, we need guns" line, I don't see the controversy. The character could've said "Enough people have died already, we need guns to defend ourselves" and it would have the same logical meaning.

The Old One

The Old One

Jigsaw85

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Oct 09, 2018, 06:17:31 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Oct 08, 2018, 08:17:21 PM
My favorite line was "Nice outfit, isn't Halloween in October?" When the whole film is set right after AVP which took place on October 10th, 2004. The incompetence of this movie is mind blowing. :laugh:

Be honest. Did you spot that yourself or did Decker Shado's YouTube review raise this hilarious goof.

Either way best AVP-R review on YouTube well worth

I singled out that line waaaay back in the day when IMDB still had message boards.

AVP-CAPCOM

I singled out that line waaaay back in the day when IMDB still had message boards.
[/quote]

Well ironically the line from AVP didn't make sense either in its clumsy attempt marry up civilization history with Aztec mythology, by saying the Aztec' used the metric system- which they didn't (as highlighted by LittleJimmy)  :laugh:

So either way they didn't have Halloween in October.

The Old One

The Old One

lol

brain_damage

Made me giggle really loudly!  ;D

Jigsaw85

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Oct 10, 2018, 09:12:44 AM

Well ironically the line from AVP didn't make sense either in its clumsy attempt marry up civilization history with Aztec mythology, by saying the Aztec' used the metric system- which they didn't (as highlighted by LittleJimmy)  :laugh:

So either way they didn't have Halloween in October.
[/quote]

There's just so much wrong with that review. Predators trick humans into believing that they are their gods in order to use them to breed aliens and he calls them big teddy bears. Just no.

The Old One

The Old One

The entire video series is fallacious.

iain

I always liked the idea of Xenos on earth..until this movie!

predator2rules

Quote from: iain on Oct 12, 2018, 08:21:35 PM

Agreed when I read Earth War as a kid, my imagination went wild. I wondered what it would be like to have Xenos everywhere

SM

Apples and oranges.  Anderson couldn't have Aliens taking over the world like the comics did because he was making something that was supposed to be a prequel to Alien.  And it was too expensive.

Local Trouble

Quote from: burkewhimp on Oct 14, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

Agreed when I read Earth War as a kid, my imagination went wild. I wondered what it would be like to have Xenos everywhere

How did you like the art?

Huggs

Quote from: burkewhimp on Oct 14, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

The same, though for me it was the novel. That whole portion where the war is going down the tubes and they're trying to break into that one guys office before he offs himself was incredibly tense. To think of xenomorphs swarming over the earth and taking everyone was beyond anything I'd ever experienced in the series at that point.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 14, 2018, 11:11:02 PM
Apples and oranges.  Anderson couldn't have Aliens taking over the world like the comics did because he was making something that was supposed to be a prequel to Alien.  And it was too expensive.

While I know we get the aftermath in Aliens, it'd be cool to see a colony world actually fall.

The Old One

The Old One

Historical/Biblical immense Epic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed