A Neill Blomkamp Alien could be a recipe for disappointment - Great article!

Started by CainsSon, Mar 05, 2015, 06:40:19 AM

Author
A Neill Blomkamp Alien could be a recipe for disappointment - Great article! (Read 5,507 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 06, 2015, 05:34:42 AM
Two. Which both suck.

No. One. Chappie isn't out yet. We have no way of knowing for sure, and all things consider it looks to be a better outing than Elysium.

marrerom

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 06, 2015, 05:43:49 AM
Two. Which both suck.

No. One. Chappie isn't out yet. We have no way of knowing for sure, and all things consider it looks to be a better outing than Elysium.

Chappie currently is sitting at 33% rotten, according to rotten tomatoes... I'll see it this weekend and make up my own mind but that's not exactly encouraging.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Two. Which both suck.

Shit guys, I actually like Elysium. It wasn't a great movie and I cannot stand that chopyle guy or whatever his name is but it was more than fair. Chappie on the other hand... I have no desire to watch.

Born Of Cold Light

The story for Chappie looks a bit dull but the action scenes look great.

whiterabbit

From the trailer I just can't buy the ghetto robot number 5 theme.

thecaffeinatedone

Two. Which both suck.

I'll take metacritic over IMDb, given how retarded their users are.

whiterabbit

8.4/10·IMDb
20%·Rotten Tomatoes
34%·Metacritic

Yea I always wondered about that. IMDB just generous or is the movie that shitty?

SpeedyMaxx

Two. Which both suck.

A fair few reviews are already out.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Two. Which both suck.

I just saw it. It didn't suck. It wasn't a masterpiece, and it wasn't District 9, but it didn't suck whatsoever. Better than the reviews say but.... Look at all the disagreement over this movie that hasn't even come out again. The only thing people agree about is that they want Hicks back. So I want to suggest this again: Is this film really what people want? Or are we maybe holding onto a ship that already sailed, just to get Hicks back?

That said, I expect to like the movie in a --7 out of 10 range and still think Id rather see an improvement over A:R ( 5 stars ) than a diminish-ment of Aliens (9.9).  I should say that I give A3 an 8 and Prometheus a 7.

whiterabbit

Considering how much he apparently borrowed form other movies in the creation of Chappie, I already know how AV will begin. Ripley, Hicks and Newt with Bishop in tow will walk out of the Sulaco and Ripley will say "We went, we saw, we kicked the Bitches ASS!" Hicks will say "All I do is kill Aliens and Kick Ass; and I'm all out of aliens." Newt will say "mommy, I rather play with the aliens." Bishop will say "I thought killing them was just a suggestion."

So damn predictable. :P

Oh and yea they'll cut straight to Ripley cleaning out Jonesy's litter box.

CainsSon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2015, 10:34:31 AM
Considering how much he apparently borrowed form other movies in the creation of Chappie, I already know how AV will begin. Ripley, Hicks and Newt with Bishop in tow will walk out of the Sulaco and Ripley will say "We went, we saw, we kicked the Bitches ASS!" Hicks will say "All I do is kill Aliens and Kick Ass; and I'm all out of aliens." Newt will say "mommy, I rather play with the aliens." Bishop will say "I thought killing them was just a suggestion."

Ha! I actually have to say - I think his film CHAPPIE did a great job of avoiding action-film dialogue. 

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2015, 07:00:12 AM
8.4/10·IMDb
20%·Rotten Tomatoes
34%·Metacritic

Yea I always wondered about that. IMDB just generous or is the movie that shitty?

IMDb had The Dark Knight higher than The Godfather at one point. If both that and Marco Polo's ratings are anything to go by, I'd say that IMDb is a mixture of generosity and mental disability.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2015, 10:34:31 AM

Made me giggle a little :)

Nightmare Asylum

Actually it's out today. ;) Went to an early screening yesterday (thoughts here).

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 06, 2015, 05:51:32 AM
Chappie currently is sitting at 33% rotten, according to rotten tomatoes... I'll see it this weekend and make up my own mind but that's not exactly encouraging.

Definitely go in with an open mind. If you're a fan of Blomkamp's usual style you're bound to like it in some capacity.

Ash 937

James Cameron made The Terminator and Pirahna Part 2 before he made Aliens.  One of those films was pretty forgettable.  Blomkamp's record to date seems to be similar to Cameron's right around the same time gave him an Alien sequel to write/direct.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed