Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 293,897 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2015, 01:03:57 AM
So it's going to be the Alien prequel then? Like.. THE Alien prequel which Prometheus was SUPPOSED to be?

I don't think it necessarily means directly after Prometheus 2. It's a given that the film takes place after the prequels.

Pleased to hear this isn't interfering with Prometheus 2.

In terms of taking lore from Prometheus into account...it'd probably just be the Engineers which we can't change. It's happened. That's what the Jockey's are now.

Wrecktangle

Sweet baby Jesus, yes!

The only film of his I have seen is District 9, but I have high hopes for Chappie. If his artwork is of any indication of what Alien V may, well colour me excited!

The Cruentus

I hope it won't be a retcon of Alien 3, wouldn't mind it retconning Resurrection though.
Nearly 20 years now, 18 to be exact since resurrection was 97 I think.

xeno_alpha_07

Not happy about this at all  >:(

T Dog

Calling it now I bet his film will link up somehow with Shaw and/or David after the events of Prometheus 2!

Immortan Jonesy

Excellent! now I wonder if Sharlto Copley will play a role in this film.

RakaiThwei

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 01:05:47 AM
Well, this being set post-Prometheus 2 is... odd. But something tells me that it'll be pretty standalone in its own right.

I still think bringing back Hicks is kind of dumb, but if it happens it happens. I don't really give a shit at this point. I'm just interested in seeing what Scott's take on this world looks like.

Hicks I'm fine without being in the picture since its CLEARLY obvious he dies in Alien 3 but I think Blomkamp needs to finish up Ripley's story and at least wrap everything up. I'm tired of hearing about this Prometheus hype. Scott needs to get over himself and focus on his own films without intertwining his crap with other Director's. Ridley just move on man. Make Prometheus 2 your last 'Some-what Alien' movie.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Gazz on Feb 19, 2015, 12:59:22 AM
UPDATE: Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie will take place AFTER the events of PROMETHEUS 2. Ridley Scott is producing BOTH

http://www.thewrap.com/neill-blomkamp-to-direct-alien-movie-for-20th-century-fox/

Interesting. I'm looking forward to more details as things take shape. I wouldn't mind if it had some Prometheus elements, provided it still remained an Alien movie at its core.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 19, 2015, 01:16:45 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Feb 19, 2015, 12:59:22 AM
UPDATE: Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie will take place AFTER the events of PROMETHEUS 2. Ridley Scott is producing BOTH

http://www.thewrap.com/neill-blomkamp-to-direct-alien-movie-for-20th-century-fox/

Interesting. I'm looking forward to more details as things take shape. I wouldn't mind if it had some Prometheus elements, provided it still remained an Alien more at its core.

THIS. A little Prometheus is fine but I want the ratio to be 95% Alien and 5% Prometheus.

TheBATMAN

I'll be frankly amazed if Michael Biehn is in this. There's just no conceivable way to bring him back and I can't imagine the character is popular enough to retcon Alien 3 instead of just moving forward with Alien 5. I think Hicks is in that concept art because it was just a cool what-if image done at a time when not even Blomkamp believed Fox would take any notice.

Immortan Jonesy

Worse than Prometheus? I doubt it. Furthermore, Ridley Scott is only producing.

Gash

Oh well, at least Ridley Scott's involved. Gives it a bit more credence if it has loose ties to Prometheus.

Still more interested in Prometheus, all alien ideas seem pretty washed out. District 9 was ok but forgettable. Hope the Ripley and Hicks stuff is nonsense.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be content - happy, even - if the film didn't feature Ripley or Hicks and they were just placeholders in the concept art.

Sure, Blomkamp talked to Siggy about it while filming Chappie, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's involved.

GQSioux

We're getting both a Prometheus 2 AND an Alien sequel. I'm just gonna sit back and be optimistic.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed