Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 26,295 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I like Alien³ and Alien Isolation, The Cold Forge and Into Charybdis, more than I like Aliens myself.

Alex White uses the concepts from the prequels masterfully in their stories, they might not exist without the prequels as they are, Blue Marsalis likely will remain my single favourite character in this franchise. 

I indeed also like Fargo and Legion more than Aliens if they are anything to go by I will enjoy Noah Hawley doing Alien.

So for a franchise lots of people are not happy with overall, I could not be more pleased with the way it turned out, could stuff be better? Sure could!

Alien Resurrection, Prometheus and Alien Covenant, could have each turned out truly great but... I will take interesting, absolutely I will take that over competent and bland anyday, see Predators for instance. 

SiL

Competent but bland is Prey to a T but you seem to enjoy that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can point to the score alone to prove you incorrect on that one.

Or: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65998.0

Or: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65974.0

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 11:23:06 AMCompetent but bland is Prey to a T but you seem to enjoy that.

I didn't find it bland at all, weird.

SiL

426Buddy

There is lot of lucky people I think.

SiL

Lots of people like bland movies. Just look at Marvel. There's nothing wrong with it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 09:01:02 PMLots of people like bland movies. Just look at Marvel. There's nothing wrong with it.

I heard Paul Reiser's voice just then.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 09:01:02 PMLots of people like bland movies. Just look at Marvel. There's nothing wrong with it.

Do you not have better things to do than air your condescending unwanted opinions?

426Buddy

Sure, but I don't think it's bland. But if you say so... ::)

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 01, 2022, 09:29:00 PMSure, but I don't think it's bland. But if you say so... ::)
People who are really into Marvel don't think they're bland either. It's all a matter of taste.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 09:16:58 PM
I heard Paul Reiser's voice just then.
Don't let my posts fool you, I'm really an ok guy.

Local Trouble

Will you have lots of androids in your movie?   You can't spell ALIEN without AI, after all.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 10:02:28 PMWill you have lots of androids in your movie?   You can't spell ALIEN without AI, after all.
Not lots, no.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 10:12:03 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 10:02:28 PMWill you have lots of androids in your movie?   You can't spell ALIEN without AI, after all.
Not lots, no.

I want to see live-action rhynth.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 01, 2022, 11:10:15 AMI like Alien³ and Alien Isolation, The Cold Forge and Into Charybdis, more than I like Aliens myself.

Alex White uses the concepts from the prequels masterfully in their stories, they might not exist without the prequels as they are, Blue Marsalis likely will remain my single favourite character in this franchise. 

I indeed also like Fargo and Legion more than Aliens if they are anything to go by I will enjoy Noah Hawley doing Alien.

So for a franchise lots of people are not happy with overall, I could not be more pleased with the way it turned out, could stuff be better? Sure could!

Alien Resurrection, Prometheus and Alien Covenant, could have each turned out truly great but... I will take interesting, absolutely I will take that over competent and bland anyday, see Predators for instance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-QCDyL2q4

Exactly.

Also, the Alien is still Other if at base it's an amorphous shoggoth — origins unknown— that was simply shaped into a drooling bell-end. The logic is sound. The Earth war comic already shrunk the universe, yet it remains insanely ulikely that when travelling thousands of light-years into deep space one encounters human sex anatomy and parasites preadapted to any oxygen breathing mammal. Surely there are species out in other galaxies where earth-bound mammalian penises and vaginas are not evolutionarily conserved. 😂

Perverse, psychosexual A.I. thematically consistent with Giger's entire aesthetic, if done well? Infinitely more interesting than Planet of the Vampires Redux!

Just FYI I am Studio Yutani's/Muthur's partner, read Inferno's Fall if you haven't please! Shameless plug I know. 😅 Support more diversity in the fandom, less reductive male gaze. Peace out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed