Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 46,992 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quotetwo prequel films from James Cameron, and now a television series coming to FX.

Jim's prequel films were kinda adequate, but not as good as Ridley Scott's Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 04:20:53 PM
Sounds like another of this transgender bullshit

Please refrain from this. While we encourage the free exchange of ideas and opinions, we only do so when it's being respectful to everyone in the process.

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 04:42:05 PM
"Transgender bullshit" can you like... not insult people? Thank you
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 06, 2021, 05:21:01 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 04:20:53 PM
Sounds like another of this transgender bullshit

Please refrain from this. While we encourage the free exchange of ideas and opinions, we only do so when it's being respectful to everyone in the process.

Guys, you know me and I'm not here from yesterday. I'm not insulting anyone nor do I mean to do so. Yet  I stand for my opinion that such narrative in context of Alien universe is bullshit and unnecessary distraction.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not a fan of Alex White's Alien books?

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 05:58:20 PM
Not a fan of Alex White's Alien books?

Have read any of them. They are not available  in my country nor in my native.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

The line comedy chops doesn't bode well with me alien shouldn't be a dark comedy it should be a horror and action focused narrative and Wendy shoundt be in another living person body it should be a synthetic it already happen once in the novels via cold forge maybe she could be the first person that piloted a synthetic or something and it goes wrong

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm sure you are aware of the praise they receive around here. And very much feature a narrative to do with transition. It fits with Alien very well.

Just like motherhood and abortion did before it.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Wait a minute i get the ideas of motherhood in aliens but where did you get the idea of abortion in the  alien franchise?

Master

Master

Seriously hardly ever heard about them. It's great you appreciate them though. I would like for us to have each own opinion and the ability to express them. Dialogue is much needed .

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-the-cold-forge/

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-into-charybdis/

Also basically responsible for all the recent lore, outside Alien The RPG, that in itself uses them a great deal.

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 06:54:49 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-the-cold-forge/

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-into-charybdis/

Also basically responsible for all the recent lore, outside Alien The RPG, that in itself uses them a great deal.

I'll check the reviews, though the lore for me comes from the movies  ;)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hence my use of the term recent lore.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 05:54:36 PM
Guys, you know me and I'm not here from yesterday. I'm not insulting anyone nor do I mean to do so. Yet  I stand for my opinion that such narrative in context of Alien universe is bullshit and unnecessary distraction.
Why is it bullshit? Let's start with that.

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2021, 08:53:51 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 05:54:36 PM
Why is it bullshit? Let's start with that.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2021, 12:19:56 PM
That character description is not the kind of scifi I am here for in my Alien movies so that's a bit of a bummer to read :-\

Because it's not the kind of scifi I am here for in my Alien movies and serves as distraction for what Alien movie should be about.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here's the thing. Those people exist. They read these boards. Noone has any right to call it bullshit. If I see it said like that again, those people are just done here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed