Gladiator 2

Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator 2 (Read 38,326 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

It seems like it's going to be Gladiator on steroids which isn't necessary a good thing. I hope Scarpa nails the script.

nanison

nanison

This gets better and better imo. These ancient set films should have a proper enormous budget. Bring back the days of Ben Hur! These kind of movies should be extravagant, larger than life!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Photo of Malta showing the Gladiator 2 set being constructed (the scaffolding in the middle-ground to the right).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Can't wait for this to reveal that Romulus and Remus were Engineers and that they built installations like the ones on LV-223 here on Earth in ancient Rome.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteWooden structure that you see is one of the filming sets of 'Gladiator 2' that are being built in Ait Ben Haddou, Morocco.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1639270529206038530

Gazz

Gazz

I've only just realised that this is actually happening. Like, I know I've been reading about Ridley Scott wanting to make a sequel, and casting has been underway etc. But part of me never expected this to actually take off in any meaningful way. I've been half expecting the bottom to fall out of the project every day for the last couple of months. But now I'm actually looking at sets being built... this shit's actually happening man! Another Ridley Scott historical epic.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Likewise. It's surreal.

T Dog

T Dog

I heard they are calling it "Gladiator II: Still Gladiating"

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteRussell Crowe has given Irish actor Paul Mescal his blessing ahead of the long-awaited Gladiator sequel.

Crowe won his first of two Academy Awards for his performance as Maximus in Ridley Scott's 2000 film.

Earlier this year, it was confirmed Normal People's Mescal will play the role of Lucius, the son of Connie Nielson's Lucilla and nephew to Joaquin Phoenix's Commodus.

Despite not being involved in the the new film, New Zealand native Crowe had nothing but good things to say about the Kildare man.

'I'm sure at one point in time they'll want to ask me about something but they haven't brought anything up in a while. It's an extension of the narrative but long beyond Maximus' passing. It doesn't really involve me at all.

'I hear that young fella Paul is a good dude, I wish him the best of luck with it. I think where they're picking the story up is with young Lucus stepping into the role of Emperor. I think that's a very smart idea within the world of the film we created,' he told Ryan Tubridy on RTE Radio One.

He added: 'No doubt I'll end up having hundreds of friends working on it. I already know designers and leather workers, one of your [Tubridy's] tennis companions is already making the armour and thing like that.'

Admitting that he has 'jealously' over not being involved in the film, Crowe's relationship with Gladiator has improved over the years.

'I don't want to dwell on it too much because it does take me back to a period of time where I was significantly younger. The rose coloured glasses of that experience now are perfectly crystallised. I look back on it and I loved every minute of it.

'That wasn't the case at the time. I do like being on a period movie set -- I don't know why. Stepping into those kind of costumes and situations has a creative appeal to me. There's a slight edge of jealously people get to have that experience I had once,' he joked.

Mescal is already training for the film as he continues to build up steam following his first Oscar nomination for Aftersun.

Every time someone asks me if I've started working out, I'm like, "What do you mean? You can't tell?" . I'm working hard. Hopefully, when you see me in three or four weeks you'll be able to see it... I like exercise. It's not something I dread.

'I imagine it will be like the classic thing of eating lots of chicken and broccoli. I'm looking forward to it because anything that is kind of structured and difficult, it's kinda fun,' he recently told Variety.

https://extra.ie/2023/03/28/entertainment/russell-crowe-paul-mescal

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 28, 2023, 11:22:04 AMI hear that young fella Paul is a good dude, I wish him the best of luck with it. I think where they're picking the story up is with young Lucus stepping into the role of Emperor.

Hmm what about Barry Keoghan as Emperor Geta?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

No idea, maybe Lucius starts off as emperor and then gets disposed by Keoghan's character? Maybe Lucius then ends up in the gladiatorial arena and has to fight his way up to regain his rightful emperorship?

"The emperor who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who became an emperor (again)".  ;D 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Another photo of the Gladiator 2 set construction currently underway:

nanison

nanison

If I was a movie maker I'd die from stress. There is so much happening before and during shooting, it must be both incredible and horrible to be part of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed