'Suprise' Revealed! *Spoliers*

Started by War Wager, Dec 21, 2007, 04:59:36 PM

Author
'Suprise' Revealed! *Spoliers* (Read 39,813 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 23, 2007, 03:57:26 PM

It explains how those marines were riding around on the space ship heading to a colony on another planet.

Well, I suppose you've got to make up some story for your AVPR movie, but this explanation probably might work for a Predator 2 fan or an AVP fan or even maybe it might work for some Dark Horse comic book story, or a fan of computer games.  I don't think it would work for maybe someone who loved the original Alien movie most of all and felt that world and maybe an Aliens fan might question it too.  It probably makes me cringe as much as the episode of Star Trek where they claim that the Roswell incident was due to the Ferengi's ship crashing. I'm wondering how much Ridley Scott would wince too.  I probably just don't like the Predators having any heavy effect on the Alien universe, especially more so with the new movie on the horizon. I would prefer a little more space between the two worlds and have things a little less obvious.

Well maybe all that is being revealed in this chat doesn't have much bearing with the actual movie

Never mind, just as long as we understand that the AVP universe only has as much substance as bubble gum, and the connection with the universe of Alien is only like some distorted cartoon dream, I wont be blaming the Strause brothers for anything.

Corporal Hicks

Seems plausible to me...Notice how similar the Predator's ship and Nostromo's interior corridors where? Makes me wonder if that was a direct nod to Ridley.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2007, 12:21:21 AM
Seems plausible to me...Notice how similar the Predator's ship and Nostromo's interior corridors where? Makes me wonder if that was a direct nod to Ridley.

are you referring to the Predator ship in Predator 2 or AVP?

In AVP the birthing chamber in the Pyramid was a nod to the Nostromo hypersleep chamber with the layout of the cryotube

Porkus Maximus

He means the interior of the AVP-R ship.

War Wager

War Wager

Man, nods, nods, nods. My head hurts!  :P

The Chibi Kiriyama

Hmm...I can see some resemblance. I suppose they could have had the concept artist try to draw a connection.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well, the AVP Predators have introduced Mayan style to the Earth. Anderson thought that the Predator 2 ship interior looked Mayan and indeed the Nostromo interior has a strong Mayan influence

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2007, 12:21:21 AM

So a spaceship built in a hundred years is made to resemble a Predator ship that no human saw the inside of? 

It may be a nod to Ridley, but it makes no sense as an in-universe idea.  Neither does a Predator gun leading to intergalactic travel, but not to improved handheld weaponry.

Colin_Strause

Just look at terminator2. One chip and an arm changed everything faster than they could ever imagine.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 24, 2007, 02:35:17 AM
Just look at terminator2. One chip and an arm changed everything faster than they could ever imagine.

Yes, it lead them to advance computer research and artificial intelligence...it didn't help them cure cancer.  Why would weapons-tech stand almost still while space exploration passed it by when the original means of reverse engineering came from a weapon?

Johnny Handsome

Funny, i just watch Terminator 2.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 24, 2007, 02:36:27 AM

Yes, it lead them to advance computer research and artificial intelligence...it didn't help them cure cancer.  Why would weapons-tech stand almost still while space exploration passed it by when the original means of reverse engineering came from a weapon?

Didn't Hudson mention laser weapons?

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 24, 2007, 02:41:02 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 24, 2007, 02:36:27 AM

Didn't Hudson mention laser weapons?

Yep, he said they could vaporize a whole city.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Half a city, actually...with a targeted particle beam.  But that's no nevermind.  :)

They still carry good ol' fashioned projectile weapons in their hands.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 24, 2007, 02:45:16 AM
Half a city, actually.  But that's no nevermind.  :)

They still carry good ol' fashioned projectile weapons in their hands.

Same thing is Starship Troopers. I loved that movie, but dam I wish they had bigger guns. It took 10 minutes to kill a single bug.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed