Filming on Noah Hawley's Alien Series Pushed Back to September 2022

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 29, 2022, 09:02:19 AM

Author
Filming on Noah Hawley's Alien Series Pushed Back to September 2022 (Read 15,933 times)

Ingwar

Scott is a multitasker. Probably will be doing both.

Corporal Hicks

Most recent update is production will start mid-2023.

nanison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 10, 2022, 09:00:23 AMMost recent update is production will start mid-2023.

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean they're not filming yet? At what stage os this project right now? They have a cast and a script I assume?

Local Trouble

I'm sure it takes a long time to nail the choreography for so many dance sequences.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: nanison on Nov 17, 2022, 07:45:03 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 10, 2022, 09:00:23 AMMost recent update is production will start mid-2023.

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean they're not filming yet? At what stage os this project right now? They have a cast and a script I assume?

There has been no casting news. They're currently aiming to start filming mid-2023. Iirc all scripts have been handed in. Think there was a news post about that.

Ingwar

Cannot bloody wait! ;D It's been 5 years since Covenant.

PsyKore

5 years, bloody hell! AvP is 18 years old, Prometheus is 10 years old. f**ks sake, where does the time go? And I remember as a kid back in 1991 thinking Alien was an "old" movie. ::) Sorry, going off topic.

bobcunk

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 21, 2022, 07:39:32 AM5 years, bloody hell! AvP is 18 years old, Prometheus is 10 years old. f**ks sake, where does the time go? And I remember as a kid back in 1991 thinking Alien was an "old" movie. ::) Sorry, going off topic.
same here, when I saw Alien in theaters for the 25 anniversary I thought of it incredibly old and before my time' It originally came out only a few years before I was born. I remember watching Predator and predator 2 in the 90s and relise its stars the thing from the Kenner toys having not known that predator was based on a movie before.

ralfy

It's like the Avatar sequel. One feels that what looked spectacular then will look commonplace now. Similar may have happened with Matrix.

OTOH, if new viewers did not know about previous films, then what some think is old would look new to them. That might have happened with Mad Max, where they essentially rebooted the second movie and came up with something based more on spectacle.

What's intriguing, though, is whether or not they can bring back what made the earlier Alien films notable: protagonists' blue-collar backgrounds, good character development thanks to "natural" dialogue, making up for the worthwhile buildup. It's hard to do that in the current environment, which focuses on lots of spectacle and a combination of simple plots and cardboard cutout characters to address an international audience.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed