Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 19, 2020, 12:28:43 PM

Author
Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88 (Read 10,960 times)

Corporal Hicks

It is with much sadness that I have to report to you all the passing of another member of the Alien family. The Guardian has confirmed with the agent of Sir Ian Holm, Alien’s very own Ash, that the legendary actor has passed away this morning.

"It is with great sadness that the actor Sir Ian Holm CBE passed away this morning at the age of 88," they said. "He died peacefully in hospital, with his family and carer," adding that his illness was Parkinson's related. "Charming, kind and ferociously talented, we will miss him hugely."

Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88

For many of us at Alien vs. Predator Galaxy, Sir Ian Holm is known for portraying Ash, but he had a very illustrious career in film and theatre. Aside from his role as Ash, he is perhaps best known to modern audiences for portraying Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson’s adaptations of J.R.R Tolkien’s Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books.

Ian is survived by his fourth wife, de Stempel, and five children from previous marriages. The thoughts of the Aliens vs. Predator Galaxy staff and community go out to Sir Holm's family and friends. Rest in peace, Ian.

Nightmare Asylum

So very upset about this. Thank you Ian Holm, and rest in peace... :-\

seattle24

Rest in peace. His performance in Alien is absolutely class. Next time I watch it will be with sombreness.

Kimo

Kimo

Rip to a legend.

Huggs

Huggs

A long and successful life.

May The Lord bless and comfort his family and friends during this time of loss.

R.I.P.

Corporal Hicks

I never had the chance to meet Ian Holm which I really regret. It's so sad to see so many of the Alien family leave us lately. :( Rest in peace, Ian. Hope you're at that Nostromo breakfast table with John and Harry and Bolaji.

Voodoo Magic

Damn.  Just, damn.  :(

Rest in peace, Ian.

Patry

Patry

heartbreaking😔

TStyx

TStyx

Very sad news. 

SiL

SiL

Fantastic actor. His work will live on while he will be missed greatly :'(

judge death

Sucks to hear this and very unexpected :(

Well if we go after alien directors cut, next one is Parker :O

The Cruentus

When I first heard about this I was hoping it was not another covid case but from what I read, he died in hospital and was suffering from parkinsons.

88 is a ripe old age and he made the most of it, so many great movies came from him. RIP.

Gridseeker

RIP Sir Ian and thanks not only for Alien but other movies as Naked Lunch. :-[  :'(

Adam802

Adam802

Damn, RIP Sir.

PVC

PVC

In space no one can hear you cry
Sad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed