NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,022 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: CelticP on Jan 30, 2019, 05:00:13 AM
Requiem version not the AvP one. It matches up with the original one they did years ago, with updated articulation.

That would make sense. I never got my hands on those and they are so rare, I've never seen one in person. At roughly $200 a figure, I never will.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 30, 2019, 06:14:04 AM
I finally got my hands on the Ultimate Blue Aliens Warrior, I dig it a lot. I think my only "complaint" is that the shins seem like they could warp easily and make the figure not stand straight - the prior Aliens Warriors had this problem, and it doesn't look like it's been improved.

I'm on the fence on if I like this figure more than the "domed" Aliens Warrior from the Burke two-pack, I really think that's a neat blend of the Alien/Aliens designs.

The domed warrior is my favorite, it has the best of both worlds and even though I really like the rigged warrior head, this one looks so elegant all thanks to the dome, paint job and proportions.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 30, 2019, 01:35:41 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 30, 2019, 06:14:04 AM
I finally got my hands on the Ultimate Blue Aliens Warrior, I dig it a lot. I think my only "complaint" is that the shins seem like they could warp easily and make the figure not stand straight - the prior Aliens Warriors had this problem, and it doesn't look like it's been improved.

I'm on the fence on if I like this figure more than the "domed" Aliens Warrior from the Burke two-pack, I really think that's a neat blend of the Alien/Aliens designs.

The domed warrior is my favorite, it has the best of both worlds and even though I really like the rigged warrior head, this one looks so elegant all thanks to the dome, paint job and proportions.

So you like transparent or opaque domes better?

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 11:03:59 AM
Quote from: CelticP on Jan 30, 2019, 05:00:13 AM
Requiem version not the AvP one. It matches up with the original one they did years ago, with updated articulation.

That would make sense. I never got my hands on those and they are so rare, I've never seen one in person. At roughly $200 a figure, I never will.
They'll definitely release an updated Requiem Alien, especially now that they clearly have the sculpt ready to go. No need to shell out $200.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I just wish they didn't look so "fleshy"

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 30, 2019, 02:02:47 PM
I just wish they didn't look so "fleshy"

Well they are a creature...so. lol

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Yeah I'm not a fan of the AVP:R xeno. At all.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 30, 2019, 02:51:16 PM

Different strokes for different folks I guess. At least there are designs for all styles, which is great...because I like variety in my Xenomorph hive. Speaking of that, I may have to remake my alien hive diorama. I have an older one which is "okay." But my skills have greatly increased since then.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I just prefer the more biomechanical look. I'm glad the Kenner homages have stuck with that.
I have enough eggs and victims for a dio, I just don't know where to begin  :laugh:

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 30, 2019, 03:12:13 PM
I just prefer the more biomechanical look. I'm glad the Kenner homages have stuck with that.
I have enough eggs and victims for a dio, I just don't know where to begin  :laugh:

Having a solid base is a good start. I suggest using pink insulation foam board.  Commonly found at Home Depot. Usually runs about $5.95 per 2x2x2ft sheet.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The NECA Requiem Alien was actually really good. Its size, articulation, proportions made it one of my favorite aliens to pose, despite I preferring the classic design. Shame they didn't accomplish the same with the Predalien that came on the same wave back then, the leg articulation was a mess and it looked short compared to what it should be.

Chet will probably have a ultimate version together with Wolf.

The Old One

The Old One

Chet. *Shudders*

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

eh, it'll be the only Pred-Alien available until they get around to the one from AVP2010 so I'll take it.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 03:03:24 PM

Different strokes for different folks I guess. At least there are designs for all styles, which is great...because I like variety in my Xenomorph hive. Speaking of that, I may have to remake my alien hive diorama. I have an older one which is "okay." But my skills have greatly increased since then.

Oh definitely agree. I just decided that the brown Aliens xeno was my drug of choice, but that's just because I like the consistency (though I do have a few of the black "Genocide" xenos as well, since they're close enough in color).

Basically my displays consist of Big Chap, Xenomorph (brown), Defiance Xenomorph, Isolation Xenomorph, and the Covenant Xenomorph (since I like it's imposing height when it's standing straight up). I do have a couple runners as well, but they're in a display with a Predator. Overall I separate them into their appropriate scenes in my display cases, rather than mixing them together.

I like some of the Kenner designs, and they definitely ring the nostalgia bell, but I stick to the movie style xenos in my collection, with the exception of the Defiance alien, since they feel like they'd fit in the cinematic universe.

Randy at NECA did hint that the AVP:R xenos would be coming, so you'll be set.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 30, 2019, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 03:03:24 PM

Oh definitely agree. I just decided that the brown Aliens xeno was my drug of choice, but that's just because I like the consistency (though I do have a few of the black "Genocide" xenos as well, since they're close enough in color).

Basically my displays consist of Big Chap, Xenomorph (brown), Defiance Xenomorph, Isolation Xenomorph, and the Covenant Xenomorph (since I like it's imposing height when it's standing straight up). I do have a couple runners as well, but they're in a display with a Predator. Overall I separate them into their appropriate scenes in my display cases, rather than mixing them together.

I like some of the Kenner designs, and they definitely ring the nostalgia bell, but I stick to the movie style xenos in my collection, with the exception of the Defiance alien, since they feel like they'd fit in the cinematic universe.

Randy at NECA did hint that the AVP:R xenos would be coming, so you'll be set.

Since you like brown xenos, did you get the Defiance Drone? It looks badass. It's the closest thing we've ever had to a Praetorian in figure form.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed