James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 710,336 times)

Wweyland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 03, 2022, 11:21:38 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 03, 2022, 11:05:36 AMSig playing a teenage girl seems a bit creepy for some reason.

Kiri seems very intrinsically tied to Grace, so it isn't just an arbitrary decision to keep Sigourney around. Kiri's face markings are the same as Grace's, and this new trailer seems to imply some sort of direct connection/line of communication between Kiri and Eywa. I have to wonder if maybe the attempted transfer of Grace's soul into her Avatar's body in the first film might be the source of that, since Grace is within and part of Eywa now.

There's a shot from way back of Kiri looking at an old recording of Grace, too:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWl7WftWYAEwOja?format=jpg&name=large
I think what they did with Sigourney's voice for Grace sounds pretty interesting in the new trailer. Took me a second to realize it was her.
They probably filmed new "video logs" with Sigourney, just to give her more to do.

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

👀👉🏻👈🏻  sequel garnered praise from Guillermo del Toro

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/1595872890251276291

👁🦋👁 👉🏻👈🏻 Fan art by @Nikolay Mochkin

BlueMarsalis79

Guillermo del Toro's probably right.

Being that he's usually right.

I wonder what garnish I should put on my shoe.

Ingwar

BlueMarsalis79

Oh god, not him. Cringe.

ralfy

I think those vistas are mostly computer-generated, so emotions will be based mostly on what one gains from spectacle. Hopefully, this sequel will go beyond that.

BlueMarsalis79

I doubt I will ever like the original but I am indeed open to being shown something new.

Ingwar

I'm not a fan of critical drinker but sometimes he ain't wrong. Why do you hate him so much?

SiL

A broken clock may be right twice a day but it still belongs in the garbage.

Ingwar

Well, that broken clock is right about SW, MCU and Rings of Power and so on. But I can see why certain people don't like him. He's annoying.

[cancerblack]

He's not just annoying, he's a bad person. And giving him clicks is giving him money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed