Eaglemoss Alien & Predator

Started by alienscollection.com, Sep 21, 2016, 08:51:05 PM

Author
Eaglemoss Alien & Predator (Read 54,320 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Would love me some screen accurate alien covenant figures, or some based on alien isolation.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, Hell yes. Especially if they cap that gaping hole that NECA missed out on filling - a Working Joe figurine, please, Eaglemoss. 

Must.  Haz.  Working Joe.

-Windebieste.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

They have Alien Isolation listed on their packaging so that's bound to happen sooner or later.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

God I'd love to get, like, every single one of these figurines but $30 a pop is just too hard to swallow.

Vark_

Vark_

Mmmmmh, after second thoughts, I'll finally let myself into buying the first wave Big Chap xeno. I've read here and there it's better in person than the pictures can tell.

The Nostromo crew members, although not as well designed as NECA would / could do, are pretty tempting too.

Prez

Prez

Finally took the plunge today and ordered some Eaglemoss merch ... but not their Alien range ... actually two of their Star Trek starships (the Enterprise 1701A and 1701D). Got both of Ebay for great prices. I might wait to see if any Alien ones pop up at reasonable prices too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I subscribe to the Star Trek Starship magazine series. They're generally pretty good. Not always great but I do love they come with the magazines.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 09, 2017, 09:46:15 AM
I subscribe to the Star Trek Starship magazine series. They're generally pretty good. Not always great but I do love they come with the magazines.

I wish I started earlier ... some of those ships look brilliant and being a Trek nerd I'm kind of kicking myself now.

Really looking forward to their Nostromo and Sulaco models.

Corporal Hicks

Vark_

Vark_

Arrived busted (base broken, and tail cracked). Yay !... :-\
That being said, despite the fact that the resin seems to be quite fragile and the clamshell unprotective, this issue made it possible to see that there is a metal wire "skeleton" inside Eaglemoss figures. That doesn't prevent them from breaking of course -mine is a "living" proof of it- but it's better than nothing (and it helped the cracked tail to hold together).

After chilling out, fixing it (and obtaining a half refund from the E*ay seller), all that I can say is "nice".
The sculpt, the details, the paintjob, everything is nicely done, not perfect but for a tiny 15cm resin figure it's really neat and decent-looking (mind that the mouth is for instance 2mm wide !), although still a little bit expensive.
I was looking for an original Big Chap small-size statue with a nice pose, well, here it is. No need for me to buy the Kotobukiya 90-dollar PVC.

The funny thing about these "3D-printed-like" lines that were bothering me so much before buying it, is that they can only be spotted on macro shots, with the bare eye it's actually unnoticeable.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah this has unfortunately been happening to me more often lately. Lambert, Falconer, and the Queen all arrived broken. Seemed to start around the time they switched from plastic clam-shell to styrofoam packaging. Thankfully with all three instances I emailed Eaglemoss customer service and replacement shipments were ordered within 24 hours, contrasted with when I used to collect NECA when often they simply would never respond. If it continues too much though I may need to reconsider my subscription. Hopefully Eaglemoss can improve the packaging and use resin that is less brittle going forward.

Queen sculpt looks fantastic though.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Greetings to all  :) 

I just bought 2 of these figures Dallas & Parker. I don't usually open the packages unless I'm displaying them. After reading previous posts. I got worried that they may be broken. I opened the Parker figure and it was OK.

I took scans of the booklet included in case there was any interest.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The new stuff from Eaglemoss just keeps on coming. Here's a retro-style SNES AVP two-pack:

They are repaints, but still pretty cool in my opinion, especially with that packaging.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 21, 2017, 07:13:51 AM
The new stuff from Eaglemoss just keeps on coming. Here's a retro-style SNES AVP two-pack:

They are repaints, but still pretty cool in my opinion, especially with that packaging.

Exactly what I was thinking, which is a bummer somewhat. But yeah, very neat packaging for this set for sure! Always loved the SNES game too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I might just buy that pack! That looks amazing!

And ordered!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed