Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,371 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 14, 2016, 03:19:32 PM
Last time I heard Jim was going to film them back to back. Much cheaper that way, like how Peter Jackson filmed the Lord of the Rings films.

That shouldn't be too bad then, timewise.

QuoteDoubt Ridley would film the last two prequels back-to-back though.

Yeah, I don't see it either. He'll do at least another movie in between them. Unless he had that much fun on Covenant. I still think Covenant's reception will also play a huge factor in whether or not we'll see Blomkamp's anyway. So we still need Covenant to be good and do well.

BishopShouldGo

So many roadblocks. We have Avatar 2, 3, and 4 to worry about but scenes for those movies are being shot out of order and in a haphazard fashion, Cameron described it as a sort of jigsaw puzzle. Not too worried about them.

But then we haven't had a The Gone World update yet. And then we still have two more Alien prequels. But Scott will surely film something in between Covenant and the next prequel. So when the final prequel comes out in 2021(two year gap seems reasonable), Alien 5 could come out in 2023!

Valaquen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 14, 2016, 03:04:39 PM
The Avatar sequels were supposed to have started filming in New Zealand this past April. What exactly is the hold-up now?

They're trying to find out whatever happened to Sam Worthington.

Whiskeybrewer

Honestly after reading this, i somehow have very strong doubts that Alien 5 :Blomkampegeddon, will ever happen now

whiterabbit

Ridley's 78... he better be thinking about filming them back to back.  :P

Although I'm trying to comprehend why anyone would want this movie instead of Ridley's Alien trilogy.

Stig783

Well with Sigourney being 66 years old I think it's gonna be silly with her being chased by Aliens again. I really hope they don't mess this up. The Alien universe has already suffered enough.

HuDaFuK

I'd totally forgotten Avatars was on the horizon. That certainly will throw a spanner in the works. I know Weaver's confirmed even though she's dead.

Scorpio

Quote from: Stig783 on Jul 14, 2016, 07:57:32 PM
Well with Sigourney being 66 years old I think it's gonna be silly with her being chased by Aliens again. I really hope they don't mess this up. The Alien universe has already suffered enough.

You know Arnold Schwarzenegger is older than her.  So is Harrison Ford, and he's still playing Han Solo/Indiana Jones.  Thanks to stunt doubles.  :)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2016, 07:43:11 PM
...I'm trying to comprehend why anyone would want this movie instead of Ridley's Alien trilogy.
I as well.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 14, 2016, 08:00:57 PM
I know Weaver's confirmed even though she's dead.
Sounds like eerie familiar circumstances eh? ::)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 14, 2016, 08:05:26 PMSounds like eerie familiar circumstances eh? ::)

:laugh: Touché, I didn't even think of that!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 14, 2016, 08:05:26 PM
...I'm trying to comprehend why anyone would want this movie instead of Ridley's Alien trilogy.
I as well.

Same here.

I'm not bothered by this news at all, maybe it's a good thing because they might finally change things for Alien 5 and add more original characters. Alien shouldn't be shackled to RIpley, Newt or Hicks. It's a huge universe with so much more potential than that.

So I am much more excited for Covenant and the new characters and storyline it will introduce. Prometheus already was a sort of renaissance for this franchise. It has added so much for me to enjoy and I cannot wait to see what Covenant will expand upon.

BishopShouldGo

Although I'm trying to comprehend why anyone would want this movie instead of Ridley's Alien trilogy.

You know, it's possible to want both...

Valaquen

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 14, 2016, 08:33:29 PM

You know, it's possible to want both...

Exactly.

windebieste

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 14, 2016, 08:18:44 PM
I as well.

Same here.

I'm not bothered by this news at all, maybe it's a good thing because they might finally change things for Alien 5 and add more original characters. Alien shouldn't be shackled to RIpley, Newt or Hicks. It's a huge universe with so much more potential than that.

So I am much more excited for Covenant and the new characters and storyline it will introduce. Prometheus already was a sort of renaissance for this franchise. It has added so much for me to enjoy and I cannot wait to see what Covenant will expand upon.

This is where I am excited as well. 

I am beginning to believe it's entirely possible once 'ALIEN: Covenant' is released that the 2nd movie in this new trilogy will be directed by Blomkamp, bringing some of his narrative and concepts for 'ALIEN 5' with him.  At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if Scott hands the reigns over to him for the 'ALIEN: Covenant' sequel.

Which I think would be the best way for Scott to step aside (while he directs some other Project) and permit the younger Director to flex his muscles without Blomkamp being shackled to the current childish premise that is 'ALIEN 5'.

Scott would then possibly return for the closing piece.  I am thinking this is very viable. 

-Windebieste.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 14, 2016, 08:18:44 PM
I as well.

Same here.

Me too.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed