When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,229 times)

SM

They would.  But as the films currently stand, the Derelict was no longer a source of eggs.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 10:38:24 AM
They would.  But as the films currently stand, the Derelict was no longer a source of eggs.

Is it too much of a stretch for an intervening film to be the reason for that, though?

Rudiger

Eh? You've lost me there.

SM

The destruction of the AP Station rendered the Derelict unviable for specimens.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2017, 10:50:17 AM

Is it too much of a stretch for an intervening film to be the reason for that, though?

No.  But until that film exists, they can't get eggs from the Derelict.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:05:41 AM
The destruction of the AP Station rendered the Derelict unviable for specimens.

When was that ever established?

SM

Hinted at in Alien 3.  Confirmed in Alien Resurrection.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:19:53 AM
Hinted at in Alien 3.  Confirmed in Alien Resurrection.

There's 200 years between the events of those two movies isn't there?. There's plenty of wiggle room right there.

SM

Time isn't a factor.  If the specimens were destroyed, they're not going to 'get better'.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:40:43 AM
Time isn't a factor.  If the specimens were destroyed, they're not going to 'get better'.

So... maybe they weren't destroyed at all.

Maybe the company guys in Alien Resurrection are simply incorrect, misinformed or have been deliberately misled.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 20, 2017, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:40:43 AM

So... maybe they weren't destroyed at all.

Maybe the company guys in Alien Resurrection are simply incorrect, misinformed or have been deliberately misled.

I think Alien 3 can be somewhat waved away with the urgency of getting and containing the Queen ASAP. But yeah, the ballache that the USM go through to clone Ripley wouldn't have been necessary if they could have just visited LV-426 again.

So that either means that the AP explosion in Aliens meant the Derelict wasn't a source of eggs anymore (radiation sterilising the eggs, the Derelict was actually destroyed) or there's some unknown incident that took place in-between Alien 3 and Resurrection that also meant the Derelict is no longer a source of the eggs. I think there's plenty of room for the second option.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 20, 2017, 10:03:29 AMHe just has to stop trying to make the film clever and meaningful and actually try and craft up some tension and horror.
Why not both?

Rudiger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2017, 12:00:38 PM
I think Alien 3 can be somewhat waved away with the urgency of getting and containing the Queen ASAP. But yeah, the ballache that the USM go through to clone Ripley wouldn't have been necessary if they could have just visited LV-426 again.

So that either means that the AP explosion in Aliens meant the Derelict wasn't a source of eggs anymore (radiation sterilising the eggs, the Derelict was actually destroyed) or there's some unknown incident that took place in-between Alien 3 and Resurrection that also meant the Derelict is no longer a source of the eggs. I think there's plenty of room for the second option.

Bingo! Let's start writing a treatment now!!

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 09:59:23 AM
Fox haven't definitively said they're not doing it yet, but whatever they planned prior to Covenant is being re-assessed.

Ridley said he wanted to make 2 more films.

The storyline is probably being condensed into just 1 more film to wrap up the prequels.

This is for the best. Ridley isnt getting younger, as well...

I just hope we get John Logan back.

whiterabbit

The atmospheric processor unit's explosion released enough radiation on lv426 to make any attempted harvest impossible. So it is just assumed that the eggs are dead. Big_deletion, am I hot? :P

Rudiger

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 20, 2017, 12:50:04 PM
The atmospheric processor unit's explosion released enough radiation on lv426 to make any attempted harvest impossible. So it is just assumed that the eggs are dead. Big_deletion, am I hot? :P

A dead planet, blitzed with radiation, does make for a good cover story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed