When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 73,781 times)

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 08:57:23 PM

No.  When did I ever mention Prometheus and Covenant?

Tell you what, why don't you just spell out your reasoning in one or two coherent sentences, as I've got no bloody idea what you're talking about anymore.

SM

Alright.

You got me with you're trolling.

I thought you were actually interested in having your questions answered, but it's taken me a couple of pages to catch on that's not the case.

Well played.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
Alright.

You got me with you're trolling.

I thought you were actually interested in having your questions answered, but it's taken me a couple of pages to catch on that's not the case.

Well played.

Hmmm. "Current films and lore"... "When did I mention Prometheus and Covenant"...

Your posts are confusing and appear contradictory. You seem to be going out of your way not to make your point. I am genuinely interested in your point of view, but I have no idea what it is. Help me out here, please.

Corporal Hicks

I explained it pretty clear earlier on...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2017, 12:00:38 PM
I think Alien 3 can be somewhat waved away with the urgency of getting and containing the Queen ASAP. But yeah, the ballache that the USM go through to clone Ripley wouldn't have been necessary if they could have just visited LV-426 again.

So that either means that the AP explosion in Aliens meant the Derelict wasn't a source of eggs anymore (radiation sterilising the eggs, the Derelict was actually destroyed) or there's some unknown incident that took place in-between Alien 3 and Resurrection that also meant the Derelict is no longer a source of the eggs. I think there's plenty of room for the second option.

However, that second option doesn't exist yet so as far as current continuity is concerned there are no viable eggs at the derelict.

Rudiger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2017, 09:39:55 AM
However, that second option doesn't exist yet so as far as current continuity is concerned there are no viable eggs at the derelict.

Nope. Still not getting it.

Are you saying Alien cannot happen because of the events depicted in Prometheus and Alien: Covenant?

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Corporal Hicks

Not in the slightest and I've no idea how you've got to there? Current continuity doesn't just equal Prometheus or Covenant - and I'm fairly sure no-one actually did. It means that as far as the timeline is concerned after Aliens takes place, the Derelict isn't a source of viable eggs otherwise the USM wouldn't have gone to the trouble it did to clone Ripley to get its hand on some Aliens.

Rudiger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2017, 01:27:40 PM
Not in the slightest and I've no idea how you've got to there? Current continuity doesn't just equal Prometheus or Covenant - and I'm fairly sure no-one actually did. It means that as far as the timeline is concerned after Aliens takes place, the Derelict isn't a source of viable eggs otherwise the USM wouldn't have gone to the trouble it did to clone Ripley to get its hand on some Aliens.

The scientists in Alien Resurection are talking about events that happened 200 years previously. How do they know for certain what happened?

Corporal Hicks

Why would they bother to go through all that hassle if they could just pop down to LV-426? I'm sure we could fanwank some explanation in there (some other entity has LV-426 quarantined off) but as far as the films are concerned right now, Ripley died killing off the Alien species once and for all.

Rudiger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2017, 02:21:02 PM
Why would they bother to go through all that hassle if they could just pop down to LV-426? I'm sure we could fanwank some explanation in there (some other entity has LV-426 quarantined off) but as far as the films are concerned right now, Ripley died killing off the Alien species once and for all.

You said it yourself....

...or there's some unknown incident that took place in-between Alien 3 and Resurrection that also meant the Derelict is no longer a source of the eggs. I think there's plenty of room for the second option...

Of course it's just an idea. We're discussing a possible jumping off point for a new chapter, once the prequel trilogy is complete. Call it the Blomkamp scenario if you like (it was triggered by one of his visuals), although I'd go with an entirely new cast of characters. Fanwank seems a little blunt.

Corporal Hicks

I fully believe there's room for a new story that serves as an alternate reason the eggs on the Derelict weren't an option. Just trying to help over your confusion regarding SM's post.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 20, 2017, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:40:43 AM
Time isn't a factor.  If the specimens were destroyed, they're not going to 'get better'.

So... maybe they weren't destroyed at all.

Maybe the company guys in Alien Resurrection are simply incorrect, misinformed or have been deliberately misled.

Aliens: Sea of Sorrows establishes that there are still eggs out there as it takes place a while after Resurrection and continues the story set in Out of the Shadows a few hundred years after. Weyland Yutani is reformed and the USM is dissolved. WY knows about the happenings (well sort of knows) in Shadows so it sends a team to investigate and to capture specimens due to an empath who senses a dark presence on the planet. If you havent read these books, I would HIGHLY recommend checking them out!

Nukiemorph

Quote from: DorkiDori on Oct 22, 2017, 01:53:02 AM
Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 20, 2017, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:40:43 AM
Time isn't a factor.  If the specimens were destroyed, they're not going to 'get better'.

So... maybe they weren't destroyed at all.

Maybe the company guys in Alien Resurrection are simply incorrect, misinformed or have been deliberately misled.

Aliens: Sea of Sorrows establishes that there are still eggs out there as it takes place a while after Resurrection and continues the story set in Out of the Shadows a few hundred years after. Weyland Yutani is reformed and the USM is dissolved. WY knows about the happenings (well sort of knows) in Shadows so it sends a team to investigate and to capture specimens due to an empath who senses a dark presence on the planet. If you havent read these books, I would HIGHLY recommend checking them out!
David being the creator of the aliens renders Out of the Shadows/Sea of Sorrows impossible though.

Before Covenant, those eggs could have been absolutely anywhere a writer wanted to slap them...

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

honestly, i think Ridley left a piece of the puzzle sitting on the table in the middle of Davids lab. In the novelization of the film, its established that David RECREATED what the Engineers had already made.... meaning, the facehuggers David made were actually a recreation from the hugger he found in stasis already. The giant egg on the middle of the table in the film eludes to this idea as it matches the description of the hugger in the book (the egg on his table cut into several pieces). This idea is further alluded to in the short "Advent" when he talks about the "wolf" and how the Engineers cast 'the wolf' from their society aaand how David sought out to recreate that said "wolf".

Also, evidence from Prometheus even further backs this idea with the Deacon being created thousands of years before man (and David). The creature on the wall of the mural IS the Deacon (and NOT a Xeno like some people claim), though an earlier design in the concept work during production of the film (this has been confirmed to by the concept artist Carlos Huarte when I discussed it with him via FB messaging btw). Sooo with that said, the engineers created the Deacon and most likely Xenomorph species LONG before David recreated the facehuggers based upon his learning of them via studying the Engineers "wolf".

Scorpio

http://variety.com/exec/ridley-scott/ - claims Covenant 2 is in pre-production.

CainsSon

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 23, 2017, 12:23:11 AM
http://variety.com/exec/ridley-scott/ - claims Covenant 2 is in pre-production.

Hmmm. Can we confirm this? When was this published?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed